Reject new Company Offer KL

Hi Frnds,

I need your experience on my present problem;

I got an offer from X company and deputing at client ,and I accepted the offer by signing in contract and offer letter,the EP process didnt do yet.

my problem here is ; if rejected the offer , the company is telling they will complain about this contract breach with Mdec, will it be possible.

will get any problems...pls help me on this....

do any one crossed these situation.....

Don't be blackmailed by this company. No reputable organisation behaves in that way. It smacks of lots of other contraversy and problems along the way. I guess the trust element has been completely destroyed so actually there is no going forward on this in a good way.

MDEC are only a regulatory body and not an agony aunt. Are they asking you to pay any money for anything if you decide not to continue? The question is they have not threatened you with legal action for breach of contract. Normally there is a cooling off period for agreements. The worst case scenario is that you may be blacklisted, but unlikely it could be enforced if you got another job.

Some of this will depend on the timeline. i.e. how long ago did you sign, when did you tell them you had changed your mind? Did the company already have permission to hire you from the immigration department?

Why did you accept and now have cold feet?

Thanks a lot Gravitas, its boost my positive thinking from thinking of i am in shrinking boat....

yes they are asking me contract breach amount, i feel what the hell , i didnt join the company and not even started the process the EP itself and i my current company didnt cancel my EP till now.

I got offer 20 days back and i have join after 2 weeks of time from current day, i have informed 2 weeks before my joinning date.

why i dropped this offer is i am getting a perment position in a company and i opted for this option and its i feel like i commited to this non reputable organisation.

As i am new to the country , i am not aware of this Visa and contract breaking processes, i am seeing this for the first time in my total carrier, i had been to UK as expat..i never faced this kind of situvation..

in UK i will be one Visa which will be used to jump between companies...
but here every jump from one to other company single EP and multiple EP and lots of process invouled, 2 companies mutuval concern.

What is the problem is , current employer has job uncertinity as they put me at clinet location and i am feeling insecured and treament for contracters is so bad
and i started searching job to a differnt client...i got the job from X company and they asked me to sign the contract, and now i am going to get the new company permanent offer, which made me to reject the offer.

without cancelling my current EP from current organization do X company can get permission to hire me from imigration? if they get permission then will it be a problem to me?

Hi you can be "blacklisted" but often it is for runaways. And it usually is ineffective in my experience. And I your case it wont I suspect affect you. Unless you upset someone important of course

Thanks nemodot.