Job offer for bilingual customer service (Need your advice)

Hii All

I really need your advice; I've been offered a job as a bilingual customer service via inbound calls and emails in Greece, the package offered is:
-    Monthly gross salary of 1,045 € (835 euros net), I'll getting paid extra if I work on Sundays, on Greek Holidays or Overtime).  Health insurance is paid by the employer each month. 2 extra salaries are paid every year in Greece, 1 before Easter and 1 before Christmas (14 salaries yearly are paid in Greece). Plus I was informed by the company that the cost of living is lower in Greece compared to Western Europe (Obviously to make their package look more appealing)
-    Production bonus of reaches up to 200 euros per  month depending on performance
-    Their working hours are 5 days per week in 8 hour shifts from Monday to Friday
-    Relocation assistance is provide, yet no word of accommodation coverage!
Now my concern is whether their package is sufficient for a single female and if there's any chance of saving with that kind of offer?

Looking forward to read your inputs.

Thank you all

maybe you can have a try.

Well, it's easy said than done  :unsure ...Thanks Elderelder for your responses

Hello,

The company you're referring to might be Teleperformance.  If you are a frugal girl, you might be able to save up, but honestly, it will be extremely difficult.
Their turn-over level is very high because most people can't put up with their demanding working conditions. This is a double-edged sword. On the plus side, you will be paid on time, you have health insurance. You can meet people from all over the world with very interesting back-up stories. Most of the people who work there are keen travelers ( like yourself I suppose;)).
On the other side, call center jobs aren't for everyone. It is very stressful. In TP, many people from abroad do it for a couple of months and just stop. It is exhausting.  The people who really cling to the jobs are the locals who must support a family, but I also know many locals who refuse to work for them, because the work pace is draining. Many of the people who are hired from abroad stay for three weeks or so, and then quit. That's why the company is being so generous with you : paying for your flight, no matter where you're flying from, paying for your hotel (up to two weeks). Anyway, they don't really pay for it they deduct all these costs from your first pay.

They are always on the look-up for new hires because they know the nature of the work they're proposing.

So, if you see this as a temporary thing to visit Greece...welll, you will visit Athens not Greece. Because your salary won't be enough to travel around, and you will be too exhausted to do so anyway. If you're resilient, and you stay longer you can wait for company events. They're usually very great.

I hope this will help you to make up your mind.
Good luck with your new challenge.

Dear emka4,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback...I hope its not too late to say it ....
My thread got deleted for unknown reason and now its back :)...

I think you'd struggle to save anything worthwhile with that salary. Far from being cheap I think Athens is very expensive and over priced for the standard it offers...

@emka4 how and when are monthly production bonuses paid. Do you have to get 100% to get the bonus or does it depend on your score. Does it get paid in your salary. Thank you

@koukla1970 hello this post is from 2014 ... none of the members are active.

If you need any info, feel free to create your own thread on the Greece forum.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed