Hepatitis B

Greetings to All,

I would like to know about the hepatitis B I'm HBSAG positive and I had my some tests the results are about to come soon in 10 days. Doctor said to me the virus state is inactive in body . I came to know about this when I was offered a job in DUBAI I came there on employment visa . When I had my test I came to know about this , company canceled my visa and said have done my medication and sent them report and certification of it before entering according to them there is no banned on me. How do I confirm about such banned or something there is no stamped on my passport . I had my eye scanned at Aveer emigration that lady said to me before coming here provide your medical report and ask your sponsored to remove eye scan test and there is no banned ,I did not get it . Does any have any updates regarding Hepatitis B . Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
  Sagar

Welcome to Expat.com, sagar2 !
Did you know there is an ongoing discussion on the subject?
I'd suggest that you read it and post your question there; I'm sure you'll get an answer very soon :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi,

My husband had been infected with this Hepatitis B virus last July 2010 when he transfered to new company.  When he done his medical test for the visa stamping on his employment visa he was rejected because of having this kind of virus.  They cancelled his visa and having eye scan at Awir immigration.  They put a lifetime banned on his passport in the airport before his departure.

On Aug 20,2010 an new rule had implemented that all expat who found out having this virus will no longer been deported otherwise they will be given treatmenet according to Ministry of Health in UAE.  I went to immigration to inquire what are the following procedures that I have to do in order for my husband to come back in UAE.  The officer from immigration inform me that in order for my husband to remove his banned he needs to get a medical certificate in the Philippines from where he undergone his treatment attested by Ministry of Health and Dept of Foreign affairs in Philippines and I will attest also here in UAE on the same department.

I'm working on it at this moment and I hope after completing all the requirements I can get a visa for my husband and remove his banned. 

If there is anyone who had the same case and got already the visa please share with us so we know what we will do next.  A simple information can help us a lot.

Regards,

Jerin:D

hi everyone
I got a good offer from dubai based company. But i am hapatitis b inactive carrier. As per new health law it is mentioned that for renewal there is no need undergo screening of Hapatitis b and TB. New comers must undergo screening of hap B and TB. But it is not clear if new comer found with hep B weither he will be deported or allowed to get visa .(except 6 catagiries)
If any one knows about this please clarify
Thanking you.

@ sarjay,,,according to the new health rules which is already implemented that, only those included in 6 categories will be tested for Hep B, TB and HIV/AIDs and for other profession only HIV/AIDS are being tested to them

dear jerin_cutie,

there is already a law regarding this. only workers that fall under the six job categories will be tested for Hepa B. If found positive, you will not be deported and instead be given the chance for treatments. check the google for under "hepa B UAE law" and you will be enlightened further. I also would like to hear what treatments you are having in the Philippines. I have two friends and a brother having this malady. Fortunately, they do not belong in the six job categories identified by UAE authorities. I would appreciate any treatment or procedure you might be having. Good luck and stay in touch.

mercy

jerin_cutie wrote:

Hi,

My husband had been infected with this Hepatitis B virus last July 2010 when he transfered to new company.  When he done his medical test for the visa stamping on his employment visa he was rejected because of having this kind of virus.  They cancelled his visa and having eye scan at Awir immigration.  They put a lifetime banned on his passport in the airport before his departure.

On Aug 20,2010 an new rule had implemented that all expat who found out having this virus will no longer been deported otherwise they will be given treatmenet according to Ministry of Health in UAE.  I went to immigration to inquire what are the following procedures that I have to do in order for my husband to come back in UAE.  The officer from immigration inform me that in order for my husband to remove his banned he needs to get a medical certificate in the Philippines from where he undergone his treatment attested by Ministry of Health and Dept of Foreign affairs in Philippines and I will attest also here in UAE on the same department.

I'm working on it at this moment and I hope after completing all the requirements I can get a visa for my husband and remove his banned. 

If there is anyone who had the same case and got already the visa please share with us so we know what we will do next.  A simple information can help us a lot.

Regards,

Jerin:D

hi ........ please tell me if any 1 has new information regarding medical test in Dubai ......... em Hepatitis B inactive Carries & em i allow to work in Dubai ????? Please please help me by telling or mail me at [email protected] ...........!

hi to all,

i am just new in this forum. i am a filipino. last 2008 i was about to go to uae for an engineering job, but it was only there and then that i knew that i am a hep b positive. so the agency declined my application. i was so disappointed, because my wife was already working in dubai. and we are expecting that we would be together. i just went to dubai a couple of times to visit my wife. after my wife's contract she did not go back to dubai, because i cannot be with her.

but now that i read this forum is there any possibility that i can now apply for a job in dubai? would i have to undergo a medical examination in the philippines prior to going in dubai? because i also read here that other nationalities are going to undergo medical examination in their home country. thank you very much. hope to hear from you soon.

izzot

Hi to all!
If it comes to Hepatitis B it was always no problems and no checking during blood test for work till that day when one stupid Iranian Doctor came up with idea for check up HepB in Dubai because it is infectious for others so it started in 2007 so whoever was employed till that time could get residence visa and work but people who applied after that year were cheked for HepB and were sent back to their country and immigration put lifetime Ban for them at the same time people who were already working in dubai  with HepB since they were employed before that law came out they could not change their job because incase if they wanted to change their job they had to go again blood test including HepB test but if they continue with the same company without changing their company they are not checked for HepB test since it is just renewing visa for the same company so they just have to blood test for HIV and TB. luckily in 2010 august Dubai ministry of health understood that that Iranian doctor was so stupid and they have changed the law, Law says that there is no HepB test anymore in Dubai because 70% of people in dubai are infected with HepB but they made that for people who will work with food and medical staff or in the hospital they must be tested for HepB not to infect people in dubai. but for the rest of jobs they do not anymore test HepB. for people who were infected and sent back to their country it is very difficult to come back but it is 100% possible since it is the same like anyone who is infected and working in dubai today but the difference is that this person came and joined this days. Anyway for those who was found HepB positive and sent back to home country before, they must do followings to come back. 1 friend who lives in dubai must go to Dubai Ministry of Health and get health Certificate where it will be written that this person can come back and work in anywhere except food and hospitals and lab lab lab because they have this certificate for everybody and they  are giving it to all. 2. friend must go to immigration and show them this certificate and they must remove the Ban but for 80% cases they will not remove, they will just ignore you. so if this does not work you can apply for turist visa in sharja or Abu dabi because your ban only i dubai and I am sure for 100% that you will get turist visa so when you come just fly to Dubai and when you arrive at the airport you can explain them but it will be not easy but I guaranty that it works because I did the same not I am working in dubai and have no problems

to all,
i just want to ask if there is anyone have experience or knowing that it is true that hepatitis b test is implemented only in 6 categories? is it already implenetd in dubai? im planning to go to dubai via visit visa and find a job there but im a hepa b active but healthy carier. im hoping for any response..tnx

HI Still Hoping!
Yes you can come to Dubai and find job anywhere except 6 categories  because they do not check anymore HepB, in UAE last year they canceled the law of checking hepb for everyone but be careful, do not ever do HepB test for your own records in Dubai because incase if they find out that you are HepB they will put you life time ban, so my advise is just come to dubai in visit visa and find your job anywhere except 6 categories because they check hepB for this 6 categories, do not worry you gonna work without any problems

thanks jamshid! Are u a filipin0? Are u there in dubai? Cn u tel me or anybody what are d names of clinic or hosptals that implementing dis rule. Bcoz acrdng to s0me that n0t all clinics or hosptal in dubai implementng the rule. Waiting 4 resp0nse. Tnx

Dubai government health clinic in Mizar close to the airport, I am not Filipino, yes I live in Dubai and went throe HepB sickness and I was even deported from Dubai and later got life time ban. Thank GOD everything got solved and now I am back since 7 month and working here in Dubai. I do not have Ban anymore and no health issue. Believe me it was so difficult to remove my life time ban that it took me almost 2 years.But you are lucky because there is no HepB test anymore so there is no need to worry about it. What kind of rule are you talking about? there is no rule made in the hospital, actually if you find job in dubai they will send you for medical test to government hospital, there they will take blood from you and test HIV Leprosy TB and that is it but if you find job in 6 categories you will be tested for HepB too and if you find positive you will not get fit certificate from the clinic and clinic will send your data to the immigration and your company so your company will ask you to leave the country asap and get treatment and come back when you get fit but you know yourself that it does not got treated so means you never come back.

tnx 4 d info..cn i ask sumthng? Wil b d cmpany is one who wil ch0ose where wil take your medical test or u are d one who cn ch0ose d plce w0uld you like?

Any Governmental Hospital, usually company choose but if you tell them you would like some other hospital you can go for sure the only thing is that you should pay for test by your own. which is around 50 to 100$

hi Izzot.
Hi, there is no HepB test for Engineers in Dubai since 2010 september because in September 2010 new law came in Dubai that only 6 categories will be checked for HepB and all the rest no test and they check for others only HIV and TB, leprosy. Ofcourse you can come back to Dubai and find job and you will get your visa and can work without any problems but do not say anybody that you are sick HepB and never apply to a job which is in 6 categories.
barbers and hairdressers, beauty salon staff, food handling staff (presumably includes waiters and waitresses, cooks, chefs, and other kitchen staff, etc), health club staff, kindergarten supervisors, maids, nannies, nursery supervisors, and apparently something called "foot catering workers"

ok thank you very much 4 d info. It makes me feel cmfortble and get enlightenment.. I realy nid to get there and 2 fnd a job and also 2b with my wife..

Hi Sagar!
If you were tested for hepb and found positive to it you will be rejected to get visa from immigration and will be asked to leave dubai asap but if you were even eye scanned that means you have got life time ban which means you can not come back to dubai. you company has nothing to do with removing your ban from the system the only thing is that you can do is to check your status in the system in immigration 1st by sending your passport copy to your friend and he goes to immigration and ask your status in the system and if you have ban then your friend must help you. to get health certificate from dubai health ministry and submit it in immigration.

sagar2 wrote:

Greetings to All,

I would like to know about the hepatitis B I'm HBSAG positive and I had my some tests the results are about to come soon in 10 days. Doctor said to me the virus state is inactive in body . I came to know about this when I was offered a job in DUBAI I came there on employment visa . When I had my test I came to know about this , company canceled my visa and said have done my medication and sent them report and certification of it before entering according to them there is no banned on me. How do I confirm about such banned or something there is no stamped on my passport . I had my eye scanned at Aveer emigration that lady said to me before coming here provide your medical report and ask your sponsored to remove eye scan test and there is no banned ,I did not get it . Does any have any updates regarding Hepatitis B . Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
  Sagar

to sagar
Wat job ofer have been oferd 2u? And when this hapen?

happened in 2009, I work with Diamonds.nothing connected wit food or hospital

tnxs jamshid..pls update us if der wil b anythng changes 2d rule. Bt im hoping it wont. Im a nurse here in manila bt im planing 2work there at dubai bt in a oficework via visit visa. Ill try a fnd a job as a walk in. Thank u so much. N0w all i nid 2do is 2 produce d m0ney espcialy trnsportati0n airfare for able to go der. It is so expnsive..it range about 1500 US dolar..so thats why am asking d real ctuati0n der espcialy d medical test coz i d0nt want all of my efort bec0me a failure..

Dear Jamshid, your information is very usefull for all the users like us. can u please give me some information in my case. i lived in dubai 3 years and in 2011 i moved to abudhabi after getting residence visa went for medical and they rejected my medical like i have old tb based on the xray. i even got 2nd opinion from private doctor in abudhabi and got a fitness certificate tht i have no issue but the problem is tht i have very little scars on my xray on upperlube. which are caused bcoz of some temperature 20 years ago when i was a child and i m 100 % healthy now. so on tht basis they deport me after scanning eyes and fingers. nothing is mention on my passport only a normal exit stamp but i've been told tht i received a life ban which i confirmed later. so is there any way tht i will be able to come back. as i have certificates here from pakistan tht i m 100% fit and have no issue. so do u know any procedure to i send my medical certificate to ministry of health or some procedure like tht.
hope to hear from u soon. thanks and regards.
Asim

Hi Jamshid, I wish to find out from you, if you have any idea about the house wife visa being part of the 6 categories? Please help with any info as I am looking to bringing my wife over but she is Hp B+.
  Thanks and kind regards

cn any1 knws if medical encoder is included to 6 ctegories? Tnx and hping 4 resp0nse.

Greetings to all, I'm new to this forum, my gf was deported last nov 2011 bec of hep b,we verified in immig and found out that she has permanent ban.Can anyone please help us find ways to lift her ban in any ways

Dear jamshid375, please advise and help us by telling us how you were able to lift your lifetime ban. It would be a big help for us

to stan_cam 69,
Why is ur gf got dportd? Wat job did she aply der at dubai? Is her job aplyng is undr d 6 ctegories. Did she came in dubai via visit visa? Pin0y k pla. Bkt ndport gf m? Anu b inaplyan nya s dubai? Visit visa b pgpnta nya jan kbayan?

Hi jamshid

Even iam sailing on the same boat i had been deported by august 2010 from abu dhabi because of hep b  , i got the letter from the health authority thru my friend , even my friend had submitted this letter along with my passport copy to immigration but nothing could be done afterwards . Pls advise my ban is in abu dhabi , as you said in your earlier post can i apply tourist visa in dubai but i got a life time ban they taken my fingerprints and eye scan in abu dhabi airport , still can i apply for tourist visa from dubai will i get it . Pls help me in knowing the procedure to lift my ban , now i got a new sponsor too to give me a job , but because of this problem i couldnt able to get my employment visa . Pls advise.

Thanks

jai

Asalam malik hum,
People may think its a repeated topic about HBSAG+.dear friends i plan to search job in dubai,I am a tech support engineer working in India and i am not there in 6 cat of work. my wife is working in saudi from past 6 months. i cant work in saudi bcos of HBSAG+.my wife can't leave her job.i visited once to saudi on visit visa and came back. my wife is very much afraid to live with me in saudi at same time she cant live alone there.she said she cant apply and renew visa every time.Even she was afraid of medical test done every year for Iqama. she ask me to search job in dubai there hep b test is not there. is it true, i cant believe this,i heard many people had ban in dubai due to this test. how can i can escape from this hep-b test.if i get job in dubai. my salary in India is very less. No good job, no money , no health ,no family life , totally zero bcos of this dirty virus in my body. my doctor says i am very much healthy under his observations.

Greetings to All,

hi im new in this  forum,hopefully you guys can help me and advise on what im goin to do.im here in dubai for 4 years already and  for the past three years i went for medical and everything is oki but in this year my husband was diagnosed in hepa b chronic but accrding to the doctor he's healhty carrier.Im afraid right now coz maybe it was transmitted to me and im goin to renew my visa soon.what in my mind now is i want to go for check up but i dont know which clinic or hospital do i hve to go.is there any clinics or hospitals can do check up confidentially whatever the results or they will not forward it to the immigration?
PLEASE HELP ME AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
THANK YOU GOD BLESS US

REGARDS
LHAVE

guys if the clinics name is confidential pls send it to my email [email protected]
tnxx a lot

Hi all, am also new in this informative forums.......I appreciated so much all the posted comments and it so and I feel so hopeful!

I was offered a job in Bahrain under IT job/prof. but when I took my medical the result were unfit to work due of my Pulmonary scar and HepB+, I would like to ask anybody who has any idea/help if I am or have a possibility to be accepted job not under any 6cat.in UAE. I also knew about the new rule/s implemented under those have hepB+ can apply/reapply a job not-under 6cat,

I highly appreciated your comments/help on my post.

God Blessed us all..

blueking8788 wrote:

Hi all, am also new in this informative forums.......I appreciated so much all the posted comments and it so and I feel so hopeful!

I was offered a job in Bahrain under IT job/prof. but when I took my medical the result were unfit to work due of my Pulmonary scar and HepB+, I would like to ask anybody who has any idea/help if I am or have a possibility to be accepted job not under any 6cat.in UAE. I also knew about the new rule/s implemented under those have hepB+ can apply/reapply a job not-under 6cat,

I highly appreciated your comments/help on my post.

God Blessed us all..

Greetings to All and Good Day..

i just visit this forum and i'm interested to help everyone. but first we need to know what is Hepatitis B.

Hepatitis B is a liver disease. Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. Inflammation is the painful, red swelling that results when tissues of the body become injured or infected. Inflammation can cause organs to not work properly. Normally symptoms are yellowish eyes and skin.

I have some friends with this kind of virus before but thanks god he healed after taking food supplement. This is a new breakthrough technology in herbal medicines, you may try to use it and become healthy, because the major function of this herbal medicine is to clean up our body from any toxins and regenerate those damage cells.

[Moderated: No free advertisement on the forum pls]

Hope i can help....god bless

armando

Hi friends,

I got an good offer in one of the Dubai school. I am supposed to join in September. I am aware of medical procedure to apply residence visa permit.I have just gone through medical test here at my present country and unfortunately I was detected  with Happ B+

My whole world was shattered. It was very unexpected. Anyways!
I was going through this blog about the UAE rules and system regarding medical test.

I am bit confused with different inputs here. Can anyone please provide me  the details of the law or guide me to Dubai health website that  I can refer to the guidelines issued by Govt.
How far it is true about the govt has updated the law by limiting  only to those six traits. How far is true that rest of  profession like me(Teacher)are not required to do the blood test for Hap B. to apply for the residence permit.

Looking forward hear from you soon.

Hi I'm jakie. I'm a yoga instructor/group exercise instructor. I do have a job offer in dubai but my problem is I do have a hepatitis B. Does this condition will affect my intention of working in dubai? Thanks.

Hi we have the same case butwhen I get cured I send my medicalcertificate to my wife but they told to my wife I have a lifetime ban and it cannot be lifted.

Hi I have the same situation did you already lift the ban of your husband? Because when I send my complete requirements. My medicall certificate with authentication from dfa health and stamp in uae embassy they told to my wife that it cannot be lifted and my ban is lifetime I'm so disappointed.

Hello all,

Kindly clear my doubts regarding Hepatitis B.

My friend WAS HEPATITIS B POSITIVE FROM ABU DABI IN 2007 & REJECTED ENTRY TO DXB, EVEN AFTER 5 YRS

NOW HE IS HEPATITIS  NEGATIVE

WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILITIES OF RECTIFYING THE BALCK LIST IN UAE.  CAN HE PRODUCE CERTIFICATES FROM ANY APPROVED/ACCREDITED LABS IN INDIA ?

Hi aysha123!

Could you please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum?

Thanks
Armand

Hi all!

Great forum here, I've been doing my digging and there seems to be a few good people with their heads screwed on right whom know their stuff. I am happy to have joined.

I'm a recent grad, just accepted a great opportunity in management for an entertainment organization in Dubai. I've been after a job here for nearly 2 yrs. I'm on target for a relocation in early March, and the plan is to bring my girlfriend along. We of course, will get married before we go to keep things on the legal side. The concern though reflects that of this thread.

She is a hep B carrier, she received it genetically from her father. At present she's being treated, and also conducting a blood test to check the status of it at this point in time. I have found loads of information in regard to the 6 categories of employees whom are screen for it. However, she is not planning to work (mostly focusing on finishing her degree while with me). Does anyone know or know where we can find the exact criteria on Hep B requirements for family/spouse visa?

Likewise, if she were interested in working in the future while we live in Dubai (external to the 6 categories), would this prevent her from doing so? (At that, can sponsored spouses acquire work while living in the UAE provided all required documents are supplied).

Cheers!

Mike