Confused with rule changes Please Help!

Hello all. We wish to sell our house very soon and intend to invest some money and initially rent in Malta, however the more I read the more confused Im becoming!!

Hoping if I explain our situation someone will be able to clear things up.  My husband is early retired for medical reasons but is not receiving benefits. I am and intend to still work.  He is on long term medication, although no longer ill. He is 62 and I am 58. Do we have a problem here with healthcare and prescription costs? Expats I spoke to last month said definitely not but I have read stuff about rule changes which is worrying me no end. Do we need to do anything before we leave the country etc. Many thanks, oh also are we likely to have a problem with renting as we have 2 cats?

Hi, read this and if you have any more questions get back to us. I now simply pay for my medication.
Relevant health information is just below the If applying under 'Economic Self Sufficiency' bit.
What 'rule changes' information did you read?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Hi Thanks for your reply, it was something about not being able to get healthcare paid by uk if early retirement is taken?

If you intend to work, then paying NI stamp entitles you and your husband to free medical care however, everyone pays for their medication. There is no single prescription charge, you pay the full charge.

BUT, in the link given to you by Redmik, all relevant information on how to claim free medication for long term illnesses is there....and yes, it is complicated!

Oh I see thank u! Yes I will def be working so we dont have to worry?