New laws soon for owning a house in VN?

A new draft is being considered. 19 Oct 2014
According to the draft law, foreigners, excluding diplomats and those who work for non-governmental organisations, will be allowed to buy and own property in Vietnam once they obtain a work permit.

Foreign invested-enterprises, branches and representative offices of foreign firms, foreign investment funds and foreign banks shall be also entitled to purchase and own houses in Vietnam.

In addition to apartments, foreign individuals and organisations shall be permitted to own villas or townhouses as part of commercial housing development projects where foreigners are not restricted and prohibited to live as stipulated by the Ministries of Defence and Public Security.

Foreign individuals shall have the right to own houses for no longer than 50 years from the date of receiving the house ownership certificate. Extensions will be allowed, but must be in compliance with existing laws. Long-term and permanent ownership of houses are subject to foreigners who have conjugal relationship with Vietnamese citizens.

Meanwhile, organisations shall be allowed to own houses for no longer than the term stated in the investment certificate they are granted, including an extension. The house ownership term starts on the issue date clarified on the certificate.

Watch the prices soar even more, if this comes into effect.
Now will come the questions, " what happens after the 50 yrs is up, or do you sell after 49 yrs? "

Posted here about 3-4 weeks ago.

Nothing is cast in concrete  in VN, even after it has hardened.

Jaitch wrote:

Posted here about 3-4 weeks ago.

Nothing is cast in concrete  in VN, even after it has hardened.

Yes, this was yesterday's news, so obviously nothing has happened as yet,

Vietnam's Congress is in the 8th session hold in Ha Noi now. In this session, the Congress shall adopt the Law on Residential Housing which grant more rights for foreign individuals so that they can own a house in Vietnam.

Always read these news with a 'Cutis anserina'  :)

Looks like it's getting closer, but still a long time off:

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/23543/for … regulation

For once I hope when/if it passes that it also includes some strict guidance on how to implement it. Not just "here it is now you guys figure out how to make it work".

Budman1 wrote:

Looks like it's getting closer, but still a long time off:

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/23543/for … regulation

For once I hope when/if it passes that it also includes some strict guidance on how to implement it. Not just "here it is now you guys figure out how to make it work".

""
"Regarding separate houses including villas and attached houses, these two subjects are not allowed to buy 250 such houses in an area with a population equal to that of a ward-level administrative unit."
  I see what you mean, imagine trying to work that one out?
I guess that's put paid to my 250 house acquisition I had planned?

Hey bluenz,
Just go for 249 then........... :thanks:

charmavietnam wrote:

Always read these news with a 'Cutis anserina'  :)

Always read these news with a 'Goose bumps' ??

KiwiJas wrote:

Always read these news with a 'Goose bumps' ??

Yeah, that's right!