Jobs in Toulouse for Primary School Teacher

Hello everyone,

I'm an American married to a Frenchman and currently living in Australia (it's complicated, I know!)  We lived in Paris for two years and now my husband is keen to return to France.

He is applying for a job in Toulouse and thinks he has a high chance of getting it.  We are concerned, however, about my ability to get a job. 

I'm a primary school teacher doing supply teaching out here in Australia.  I have four years of teaching experience and an old TEFL cert that I got seven years ago but never used.  I will be a French citizen by the time we move to Toulouse (in February) and speak passable French.  I am an intermediate speaker but far from fluent.  I'm wondering how hard it would be to get a job teaching english:  Either in a private primary or secondary school (I know I am not eligible to teach in a state school), or at a university.  I'd also be willing to teach EFL in a private language school.  We will be living in central Toulouse or inner suburban and I don't drive so I can't go to far out of the city to work.

Can anyone advice me of my chances for obtaining work in or around Toulouse?  I only require part time work.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Maybe you should try posting an advert in the Toulouse jobs section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi,
Well in Toulouse it's easy to move we have a good services in public transport.
I think in private school you'll have your chance, they looking for native english spoken.
I suggest you to looking to all the private school in Toulouse as you might know in France the year start in September or October. So February is not the best month to looking for something.
If not try pole emploi if they can help you but no guarantee.
Good luck in your research.

Hello Stéphanie, Welcome!
You could leave a CV at the rectorat ac-toulouse.fr They work with all the schools in the region.
You could also try pages jaunes, there is a list of schools. I recommend sending a CV and then calling.
Let me know how you get on.
Have a nice day.
Lua