Hello friends

Hello everybody
We are are a mix couple with a baby. My wife is Chinese and I am Spanish. We believe the world it is a small place and we visit as many places as we can and try to find a job once we are there. So far we have been successful in Vietnam and China. Now we are thinking to come to Malaysia. Any help will be appreciated. Questions that come to my head right now are: 1) Is it difficult to find a job as a foreigner with and without working visa.? what is the expected salary? 2) what about accommodation? Where is the best place to live in Malaysia  ? We have been working as language teachers
We both speak Chinese, Spanish and English. I also speak Catalan and Italian.
Thank you

See you soon
Daniel

Don't bother.

You are not a native English speaker so nearly impossible for you to compete with native speakers who get the few good jobs in Malaysia. Your wife won't be able to teach Chinese - I know as we have to employ Malaysian Chinese only to teach mandarin. No demand for Spanish teachers - we do teach it but only using qualified teachers.

Neither of you will get work permits for teaching jobs (realistically especially your wife as Chinese)

Vietnam any one can "teach" English - I met a few who I wouldn't let near a girl. Same in Thailand BUT the present government are cleaning up so I would have said try Thailand but not now. So please don't compare. Malaysia is a world apart from Vietnam and China.in china your wife is local so far easier.

I am not being negative - just realistic. With a baby you should be more serious and get a proper career and take care of your family. You can't do that in Malaysia. English as a foreign language "teaching" is a bad career and even worse as a non native! So develop a real career is my honest advice

Thank you for your reply. I am a qualified Spanish teacher so if you know any Malaysian websites I would appreciate.
Have a good evening
Dani

OK you can try language centres...theres a french guy teaching french in Plaza Damas.You could also try the Spanish Trade and Spanish Embassy for jobs.Your wife can give tuition privatey.Just pot an advertisment ..perhaps she ca teach mandarin for people moving to China...place an ad outide supermarkets BUT you should vet  through candidates..
Places to stay ...Bukt Bintang, Jln ceylon  area is easy.anything else PM me

thank you Spe for all the information.
Have a nice day
Daniel

If you decide to come, I would say try and live on Penang Island. It has a large Chinese Malaysian community from a variety of different backgrounds, languages. It is also a lot more laid back that KL and the Klang Valley.

It is true that only English native speakers are usually employed to teach English here. There is a real issue about Chinese coming to live in Malaysia and if they have Malaysian spouses they are not even allowed to work for one year.

Many of the language school jobs and salaries are aimed at trailing spouses. You would need to earn RM5k per month to qualify for an employment pass.

A family cannot really live on RM5k per month.

Thanks Gravitas,
For all the information. I would look at Penang Islands.
Have a good day
Daniel

Not on Penang Island, but this may be of interest

https://www.tes.co.uk/jobs/vacancy/span … ia-276876/