Coming in to Lagos

Hello All,
Visa permitting I'm heading out to Lagos soon. Job is to act as No. 2 for a service business there.
I'm half-Norwegian, half-Irish, third generation expat so travelled all over the place.
First time in Nigeria, so any tips greatly appreciated.
All the best, Carl

Well,
Nigerians are welcoming but you have to be so smart and security conscious. Don't take anything or anyone for granted, trust yourself only, do your job and behave well to everyone.  Its nice in Lagos but the starting is always difficult.  The population in Lagos is so high and that is what causes the traffic jam. Hoping to see you in Nigeria soon. #smiling.
George Bruce
[email protected]

If you're very reserved and/or cautious and wish to limit your experience in Lagos to Victoria Island/ Ikoyi/ Lekki, you'll find a lot of delightful restaurants offering a variety of dishes there. If you like spicy food, try out pepper soup and suya. The nightlife on the island is pretty safe and a whole lot of fun too! :)
If you wish to stock up your home bar, 82 Raymond Njoku, off Awolowo road, Ikoyi, Lagos is a good place to recommend.
If you enjoy exploring the country you're in, you might want to sign up with LEGACY (founded by British Nigerian Professor Godwin in 1995) and the NFS (Nigeria Field Society). It's surprisingly affordable to register (about N3000). They go on a lot of interesting, well planned trips all around the country (and sometimes to neighbouring countries like Ghana). From trips to the rainforest to trips to ancient cries, art galleries, whale watching, Lagos walks, bicycle rides, etc. There's sure to always be something interesting planned on their events calendars.
Whichever, you'll enjoy yourself immensely in Lagos. :)

Regards,
Kfea.
[email protected]

Yeah nice to have you if wished for any visa task or assistance on immigration related matters am here jes check it out arcadiaaccessdotcom will be waiting lolz .....diya9ja

Pls do u need maid, email me on [email protected], thanks

Kea
I have been in Lagos for 6 months now.  Hadn't been informed about LEGACY.  How to register?
Sounds cool & interesting

Kfea
I have been in Lagos for 6 months now.  Hadn't been informed about LEGACY.  How to register?
Sounds cool & interesting

You highly welcome Andora feel free and ask what you wish to know thanks I'm a Nigerian

hi all sorry for the intrusion ^^ i need to know how lagos is safe! particulary malaria on ikeja and maryland.. and other disease.. thx all salut

Hi

Malaria does happen occasionally but it's not more than any other tropical country.
So malaria should not be an obstacle.
Bye

i am joining Yummy Snacks company how is it in Lagos. plz help