Transfer money abroad

Hi.
>I hAve money on a high interest rate account in vnd vietnam,
And the 1 year binding has almost comes to an end
I would like to transfer it back to where i live ( europe)
What is the best way to do it?  Change vnd to dollar before transfer or just transfer in vnd abroad?

The VietNam DONG is not traded on the international market. Therefore you have to make arrangements to transfer it from VietNam.

QUESTION: How did you acquire this DONG - through employment or did you bring it in?

A 'high interest rate account' is an oxymoron - inflation is usually higher than any interest!

i wired it from europe to an usd dollar account in vn and then exchange it into dong.

Do you still have the documentation to PROVE how you got it here? This is the biggest impediment in getting money out ... legally.

And what bank did you use? Is it still in the bank to where you sent it?

Take money from Vietnam to other countries is not easy as you may think!

charmavietnam wrote:

Take money from Vietnam to other countries is not easy as you may think!

Things will be easy for individuals (as employees) as long as you have the following documents (just to prove that your income is legal):

1. Work permit
2. Employment Contract
3. PIT invoice

For business/investment owners, things will be a little bit more complicated, in which audit reports required to prove that your firm/investment has generated profit.

YMMV, but I've seen atrocious forex rates at BKK airport for example. You gotta get a cashier's check or wire the funds out in USD or the currency of your choice. ** Has anyone used a VN credit card overseas? How's the exchange rate then? This might be an alternative if it's just a few thousand Dollars...

hs0zfe wrote:

Has anyone used a VN credit card overseas? How's the exchange rate then? This might be an alternative if it's just a few thousand Dollars...

Only certain C-cards are authorised, by the State Bank of VietNam, to be used overseas - of used without authorisation they show a ZERO balance/Call Operator notice on swipe machines.

i transfered money from europe to an usd account in vn
what kind of document do i need?
i think the bank has all the details how i brought my money into vietnam.
Ans yes i talk about billions

player123 wrote:

"  usd account in vn "

Billions of usd?, lucky you, you should have started your own Bank here?

bluenz wrote:
player123 wrote:

"  usd account in vn "

I have also a USD & EURO Account in Vietnam??? What is the stupid answer? And for every one with some brain left is clear the billions are VND like player123 explained before???
I always was thinking a Expat.com works as help for other`s and not to show his foolishness to other's. As we say in Austria there is no stupid question only stupid answer!

AustriaKarl wrote:
bluenz wrote:
player123 wrote:

"  usd account in vn "

I have also a USD & EURO Account in Vietnam??? What is the stupid answer? And for every one with some brain left is clear the billions are VND like player123 explained before???
I always was thinking a Expat.com works as help for other`s and not to show his foolishness to other's. As we say in Austria there is no stupid question only stupid answer!

Haha, the jokes on you , Settle down Hans, sure your not a Kraut?? no sense of humour.????
  If you are living in VN, you better get used to many stupid questions.

bluenz wrote:
AustriaKarl wrote:
bluenz wrote:

"  usd account in vn "

Haha, the jokes on you , Settle down Hans, sure your not a Kraut?? no sense of humour.????
  If you are living in VN, you better get used to many stupid questions.

As i say there no stupid question specialy if somebody call him self a teacher? I dont would my kids get any lesson from you crocodile dundee?

" As i say there no stupid question specialy if somebody call him self a teacher? I dont would my kids get any lesson from you crocodile dundee? "
  HAHA just when i thought you didn't have a sense of humour.
Thks , but I've got enough arrogant, smart arsed little shits to teach , without yours.
I hope you never teach them English either. ( or anyone else for that matter ).

BTW, there are no crocodiles in NZ, ( except in the zoo's of course ).

bluenz wrote:

" As i say there no stupid question specialy if somebody call him self a teacher? I dont would my kids get any lesson from you crocodile dundee? "
Thks , but I've got enough arrogant, smart arsed little shits to teach , without yours.

Nice Teacher - I've got enough arrogant, smart arsed little shits to teach (without work permit????) - But I think arrogant & smartass stays for yourself? Don't need a crocodile to be a Crocodile Dundee :-)

player123 wrote:

THINK is a fatal expression. Do YOU? Or not?

Other alternative is to fly to VN and pull out cash Dong - and exchange. So much for 'high interest'.

Have you talked to your bank about this?

AustriaKarl wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Nice Teacher - I've got enough arrogant, smart arsed little shits to teach (without work permit????) - But I think arrogant & smartass stays for yourself? Don't need a crocodile to be a Crocodile Dundee :-)

It appears you are the one in need of some serious English lessons, if you could read properly, I have said on numerous posts, ( that means many times ), I do have a Work Permit.
BTW,  it's smartarsed,.and that would be a compliment, to what people on here think you are.

player123 wrote:

Hi.
>I hAve money on a high interest rate account in vnd vietnam,
And the 1 year binding has almost comes to an end
I would like to transfer it back to where i live ( europe)
What is the best way to do it?  Change vnd to dollar before transfer or just transfer in vnd abroad?

One of the problems in Vietnam is that you're limited not only by government policy but by what any particular bank and sometimes any particular branch wants to have for their policy.  Most will flat out lie to you and say that whatever they tell you is government regulation.  I will guess that government regulation and thus all banks will require you to prove that you transferred the money into the country.  Don't underestimate the ability of banks to be a$$holes about this.  If you have some sort of documentation shop around at different banks.

I've found the people at Vietcombank at 10 Vo Van Kiet in District 1 to be more helpful than most for most things.

As far as I know your transfer out of Vietnam cannot be in VND.

player123 wrote:

Clear now. Your case is not complicated at all. ANd I totally believe that the bank where you have  opened the account in VN is very willing to explain to you in very very details about how you can transfer your money back to your account abroad. They have all proofs for your legal earnings in VN, all just from interest as you said.

Changing from VND to USD is a must before it can be transferred to overseas.

Consult your bank now and get the best answer for your own.