How can I contact VNPT in English??

After almost 8 years of  trying to work with VNPT the local ISP here in Hau Gaing on our connection we reached a new low in communications today. Late Thursday the line dropped off and this AM my wife called them to request somebody to come out and fix it. Called back again right before lunch and   they said somebody " should be there to fix it in the afternoon" called back at 1600hrs and they said "sorry we forgot to make note of the  problem and somebody should come tomorrow and fix the line, or Monday at the latest . I don't think this is in the procedures that VNPT follows or it's customer service protocol. How ever I have no way of communicating with them. E-mails to Hau Gaing are not answered and fax's are rejected, and there is absolutely no English expertise available here in the small town I live in that comes under VNPT Hau Giang.

Budman1 wrote:

After almost 8 years of  trying to work with VNPT the local ISP here in Hau Gaing on our connection we reached a new low in communications today. Late Thursday the line dropped off and this AM my wife called them to request somebody to come out and fix it. Called back again right before lunch and   they said somebody " should be there to fix it in the afternoon" called back at 1600hrs and they said "sorry we forgot to make note of the  problem and somebody should come tomorrow and fix the line, or Monday at the latest . I don't think this is in the procedures that VNPT follows or it's customer service protocol. How ever I have no way of communicating with them. E-mails to Hau Gaing are not answered and fax's are rejected, and there is absolutely no English expertise available here in the small town I live in that comes under VNPT Hau Giang.

And i thought it was only me that had heaps of problems with them, I've been lucky and had the wife , or a VN friend call them, ( 3 yrs of dodgy internet, in which time they replaced the cable,  and came to my house countless times, but often when they did,  the internet mysteriously worked ok???probably because it wasn't raining at the time as well? )
  I've just moved into town, and only stayed with VNPT because I already had their MYTV modem, ( cost me 1 mil VND ), we arranged a new connection, the woman in the office said it would be connected THAT morning, ( I managed to restrain my self from laughing at her ), and sure enough, the NEXT day, 8am, the wife called saying to go out and meet them, ( my street has no name ), but when I went out, they were nowhere to be seen, and as I had class soon, I told the wife I can't wait any longer, she called back later to say 12pm, ( what VN works at 12pm???? ), but to my amazement, at 11am, I get a call to meet them , and they had me connected in 10 minutes. 
   This morning I had a VN, who couldn't speak English, call me twice,  then the wife called, it was the woman who delivers the VNPT bills, ( much better looking than the man in TK , who also does this job ), she didn't know where I lived, now she does, just as well, because she will be back soon, they never charged me for MYTV last month.

You are not alone, even in HCM, except for two three women in the Nguyen Du office we are are without English Customer Service. I have the personal cell numbers of two of the women and they are as embarrassed as customers are annoyed over the situation.

There is a good chance that even Can Tho is controlled by the Data Centre located at Hem 12-Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Quan 1, HCM. It, in turn, controls the DSLAM (Digital Subscriber Line Access Module) which is the device that applies the ADSL signal to your copper pair that serves your house.

The DSLAM is in a telephone switch in your vicinity. If you are out in the countryside, your DSLAM is likely mounted on a pole. This is often a point at which the signal gets rough and service is slowed. A deteriorating cable is also a cause.

The VietNam InterNet equipment is, in many cases, way ahead of the States (where I think you are from).

I have always found it helps to learn other people's work 'slang' as you know what you mean when you use a word, and they are comfortable with it too.

Your VNPT account has two numbers - the one on your invoice and the one used inside VNPT. Our HCM 'inside' number us BELLA 20--. That is the only number I use when talking to VNPT. Find out yours.

Go to your local VNPT Customer Service Office (Can Tho?) and get all the information you can about your service (they can see all your usage by the 15 minute period on their screen). See if someone actually speaks English.

The alternative is to use a different supplier: either cable TV OR a 4G cell modem. Cable TV is the equivalent of being on a WAN (Wide Area Lan) - more users, the slower it gets. Perhaps another forum user has the numbers on Mobiphone 4G service.

I don't know the costs: at my office we have a fibre feed from HCM and a separate fibre feed from Da Nang. It helps that we are sort of midway between the two and also a commercial account.

Our back-up is a satellite InterNet service from HongKong. Often it is better than the fibre feeds.

We also pay in arrears - they deliver the 'service' then we pay.

If your MYTV feed is from the same feed as the InterNet, and the MYTV pictures are clear, it suggests the wires to your house are OK and therefore the trouble might well be in the DSLAM.

Budman1 wrote:

...., and there is absolutely no English expertise available here in the small town I live in that comes under VNPT Hau Giang.

You live in Phung Hiep town?

Why dont you use viettel in this area? 192 000d/month for fiber internet. Vnpt and fpt are weak here.

TRY:

Customer Care - (08) 800126

[email protected] - they responded in English!

Jaitch wrote:

TRY:

Customer Care - (08) 800126

[email protected] - they responded in English!

Thanks Jaitch I'll give it a try. They came out on Sunday morning, yes Sunday, and set the line back up.

Takayama Jin wrote:

Dear sir, My name is tung, from Ha Noi, email of  vnpt   [email protected]   18001166 it is phone number of vnpt switchboard. you can try and complain with they about your problem, I think that it is ok.   my phone is 84 1664528331
Please call for me if you need help

Berd regardred

Mr. Tung

Thanks for your reply also. However your in Hanoi and I'm down in the Delta. Are you sure that doesn't make a difference? If not what are the hours of operations that I might be able to speak with somebody in English. Thanks again....