Work visa to Saudi Arabia

l got a job as a maths teacher in Saudi Arabia, was supposed to start work on the first of September 2014, have applied for a work visa through thymic connection, upto now l have not received any information on when l will get the visa, daily l am told to wait,  do visa always take this long, please assist it's now 2 months waiting to travel

yes, we are in same boat. very tired of waiting. :(

me too! waiting for it since 4 months... :-(

Btw did your employer ask for your scanned passport yet... My employer never asked for it, they said that the work visa initially is processed without passport.. Is this true?

VISA can not be processed without passport copy.

Zahid

it might be true, but did u sent a scanned copy of your passport, did send mine, let's keep each updated

l sent a scanned copy of my passport, can it do. they said they will ask for original at latter time.

It was first step to start the process. They asked me scanned copy of passport as the process was started but i think you should also confirm from someone who knows better than us.

Zahid

have u traveled or u waiting to travel

My VISA is with local agent and it is for senior category which requires lot of formalities which are much time taking. So my employer is trying for me to reach there at the earliest. They are trying to sort this out with Saudi recuritment firm who is given this task.

I am waiting for situation to be clear.

ok, let's wait patiently

Well here are a sample of e wakala for work visa
http://imagizer-cv.imageshack.us/a/img1 … wakala.jpghttp://www.placewellinternational.com/w … 609584.jpg

You can see that it only states the name of the employer and the employees profession, city and country... Hence anyone from that city can go for that job until the visa is stamped.. The visa is assigned to the person once the hard passport is submitted for stamping.

That's what my understanding has been upto this point.. What are your views on this?

did u get anything as of yet, am tired 9f waiting

No.. seems like the visa processing is very slow in ksa!  :|

It works as follow :
- your company apply for a visa for your position and your naionality (no need your passport copy / no need to give a name also)
- when they are allowed to proceed / get the right to apply "really" to get the visa in your name ... they will need all relevant documents

Thanks aot.. That was really helpful.

Can you tell me the estimated time it takes for both steps to complete? I.e. between initially applying without passport to getting approval and secondly after applying visa actually with passport and getting it?

There is no rules in KSA. It could be quick as it could be long (very long). From my previous experience this is what I know : if the saudization rate of your company is low, the first step should be long also if they are other application in progress ant the thing the most important is the quality of the connexion that the guy in charge of your visa has. also they cannot proceed to 2 demands in the same time (one demand could be for more than one visa ; but one demand by one). For me it is the main issue, after that it should not take more than one month as soon as they have to but your name on the allocated visa.

Hi
After a long and tiring wait of nearly 5 months, today my employer told me that the visa has been approved and they asked for my scanned passport for the first time today!
What does this means exactly? I haven't received anything but the offer letter 5 months back! When should i expect to receive any physical documents in hand now?