Moving to Kuwait. need help

Hey everyone,
I am moving to Kuwait to work for an oil company. Could you please help me by answering some questions?

1) What kind of training do I need regarding culture awareness?
2) What do I need to know regarding education for my children?
3) What kind of job opportunities does my spouse have if they are allowed to work there?

Thanks

-I'm not sure you'll need cultural training, a little bit of research should suffice. If you're familiar with Hofstede cultural dimensions, look at those, they'll be a good starting point.

- In terms of schooling for your children, you can find both French and English speaking international schools (both british and american educational systems for english). There are varying standards and levels of quality for these schools, but rest assured there are some top quality ones (they'll be a little more expensive than other international schools), I can say this from first hand experience having graduated from a British school in 06.

- Really depends on your spouse's academic qualifications...

Thank you Abdouw for the reply,

Could you please tell me about some of major the differences that I going to face regarding culture?

my spouse has bachelor degree in eduction. is there requirements such as visa and other documents?

Thank you

Well, Kuwaiti culture is more conservative than North American Culture. Plan to dress a little more conservatively than you would in the states (this applies particularly to your spouse). When communicating with people in the work place, you'll notice people are a little less direct, they tend to hint at things rather than say them out and out. Team work is generally more emphasized, people are less individualistic. Family values are important to most. People are impatient drivers, so be careful on the road.

On the plus side, people are generally kind, generous and helpful. From my experience Kuwaitis like Americans (mainly because they have fond memories of their time in America, spent on vacation or as international students).