To correspond

Hello everyone,
I am called Aurélie, I am 31 years old and I would like much to correspond with a Scot to learn some more on this splendid country.
Do not hesitate to contact me
So long
Aurélie

Hi Aurélie,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you will find some contacts here. Please do not hesitate to ask questions about life in Scotland here ;)

Cheers,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hello,

thank you very much for your reception I would not hesitate to ask questions.

I am a Scot living in Lisbon. Like so many people of Scottish origin I do not live in Scotland. The place drives us crazy. The weather is really bad a lot of the time, then suddenly... It is the most beautiful country in the world. It is the only country in the world that I know of where they discovered oil... And got poorer. Now they have been offered Independence ... And said " no thanks". Edinburgh is said to be the most beautiful capital in Europe, but was the HIV capital too. Glasgow is the murder capital of  the EU and has the worst social deprivation and life expectancy in some parts. I met a black sailor in Marsailles who said to me " no black in Glasgow". I tried to explain to him that, yes, we had lots of black people in Glasgow. He waved his arms around and repeated and pointed his finger " no 'BLACK' in Glasgow". Then I realised. No one had discrimininated against him for being black in Glasgow. I felt so proud.