Which cell phone carrier?

Hi,

I just moved back here after many years, and now there is I think 3 cell phone carriers: vodafone, etisalat and mobinil (is there any other?).
So I was wondering which one is better?
Which has better coverage, service, deals for yr money.:) I'm hoping to use my BB.

Thanks!!
M.

Vodafone is the best

I beg to differ.

Each carrier has its ups & downs &ppl have of late been complaining of vodafone's services.

Hell, I have a friend who made a group on facebook discussing their downsides which are seem to be quite numerous :)

As it is it depends on the type of service you're going to use , the type of package you take from the company " I'm a business user but I'm plainly being ripped off" & pure luck ;)

Vodafone is the best in coverage , worst in offers . Etsalate is the best  prices & offers but worst in coverage. mobinil is combined.

why don't u just buy 3 mobiles and use the 3 networks :rolleyes:

Marine French is right about his sayings. But I like to add that Vodafone some services are not found in other networks like Vodafone Cash which enable you to do mobile banking via your mobile and to send and receive money using a Vodafone Cash ATM Card. Although Vodafone Cash is not currently unavailable but Vodafone will re-launch it sooner. I think you should buy a dual SIM phone like ones of Samsung and use MobiNil and Vodafone SIM Cards and to call Vodafone numbers from your Vodafone number and doing the same to MobiNil. That will make you save some money as from MobiNil numbers to other MobiNil numbers is cheaper from a Vodafone number to a MobiNil number

well im using Vodafone business and it works good.

yes i have Dual Sim phone and i do like that but not to save money.

cma301 wrote:

Marine French is right about his sayings. But I like to add that Vodafone some services are not found in other networks like Vodafone Cash which enable you to do mobile banking via your mobile and to send and receive money using a Vodafone Cash ATM Card. Although Vodafone Cash is not currently unavailable but Vodafone will re-launch it sooner. I think you should buy a dual SIM phone like ones of Samsung and use MobiNil and Vodafone SIM Cards and to call Vodafone numbers from your Vodafone number and doing the same to MobiNil. That will make you save some money as from MobiNil numbers to other MobiNil numbers is cheaper from a Vodafone number to a MobiNil number

I have been using Vodaphone for my Blackberry Service; I've had no problems and the price is half what I was paying in the United Arab Emirates.  Customer service is always helpful and the vodophone centers seems to be plenty.

Hey!
I have been using Vodafone for over 10 years now.
They don't always have the best offer if you are going to compare between Mobinil and Etisalat.
They do have the best coverage and very rarely have a problem.
My friends who have Mobinil and Etisalat are sometimes hard to get a hold of because they are out of coverage area.
I have to add that Vodafone is great when it comes to roaming too! I have had NO problems with that.

If you are unhappy with the once you choose, you can always cancel your subscription and join one of the other networks and if you don't like it switch to another.

It depends on you..if u don't have a lot of travels all round Egypt then Etisalat and Vodafone. Mobinil coverage is the best in my opinion.

Etisalat has GREAT business offers. I just got my business line with Etisalat today, and it's costing me pennies on the dollar for how many minutes i'm going to get!

I've always had vodafone, and never had a problem with it, but their prices are higher. Etisalat imo has more options for your individual packages.

i think you dun have to think about Vodafone
you can compare between Mobinil and Etisalat
1ST if you will use the metro alot so mobinil is better
2nd if you have alot of friends here use mobinil you can use   mobinil
3rd Mobinil users are the best people :D

To be called an Egyptian citizens, you must hold two cell phones! jaja am jkn but its getting to be fact. So as u hold two cell phones, why don't you work a roaming line, and choose the other one, See Vodafone is a good carrier, best coverage, least offers, people always complain of its services, but the good side that Vodafone's customer services accept insulting jaja, and ready to discuss endless, last time i slept while waiting a reply! they enjoy puting ppl on hold. Etsalate is the best  prices, super offers but a bad coverage, They are trying to develop a better coverage but they need time to, their last comemrcial shows they will arise in market soonish, betw, they send details for your last call, your balance too after every phone call or a text msg. Other by charge. Mobinile is a convienent one. I always say that Mobinile is the network of the A class ppl in Egypt, it was the 1st network in Egypt by the way.

Naaa... why stick with two lines? 3 lines one for each network, like Andy said, ha ha, ;).
I think I've finally decided to go with Vodafone, at least for now, since i'll be going around Cairo and other cities I need the coverage, and the prices seem okay. Later I might switch. Thanks everybody for all ur input!!

I recommend Vodafone, although each network has it's own ups and downs, still Vodafone customer service is the best they are eager to solve problems based on my personal experience with them.