How you deal with sadness??

I believe we experience sadness and happiness in our short life?
And I'm totally aware everyone has their own way to deal with sadness
Please share?!

Never dwell on the negative only the positive.

Sadness to me is a negative and I am strong enough to rise above it and get on with life. Treat each negative as part of the learning process and learn from it.

Happiness is a positive which can be learnt from too.

The day goes much quicker if you are happy. :top:

None of us enjoy feeling sad. But sadness is a natural healthy emotion that tells us something important about our lives or current situation and should never be ignored!

Bidara sary wrote:

I believe we experience sadness and happiness in our short life?
And I'm totally aware everyone has their own way to deal with sadness
Please share?!

we can Spend time with friends or people who can relate to your feelings. When your with people who you love, it's guaranteed that they will try to lift your spirits. You can call a friend or loved one who you can tell your sad story to, and maybe they'll help you.so basically sadness is feeling that heals with time

I tried this many times and it works , just go outside to some park or riverside and sit there for while. Watch kids playing and enjoying the nature. I talk to kids , try to be a kid with them and take their pictures. Sadness takes time to heel but it gives me U tern and I come home in good mood .

For me sadness is a a indication of getting happiness.........because if you are not sad then you will not enjoy the feeling of happiness.........so if you are sad then dont worry its begining of happiness...............and we get sad because we expect the things in our own way..........if doesn't happened then we are sad and opposite to it we are happy.......so its we who decide or create sadness and hapiness in our life.........we are sad or happy due to ourself..........so its very easy to come out from it.............just do opposite to be happy..............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

For me sadness is a a indication of getting happiness.........because if you are not sad then you will not enjoy the feeling of happiness.........so if you are sad then dont worry its begining of happiness...............and we get sad because we expect the things in our own way..........if doesn't happened then we are sad and opposite to it we are happy.......so its we who decide or create sadness and hapiness in our life.........we are sad or happy due to ourself..........so its very easy to come out from it.............just do opposite to be happy..............

Regards,
Anil

well said bro

I smile.
People smile back.
I don't feel unhappy any more.

Easy.

We all have bad days, but don't let them ruin how you feel about yourself or others. Bad is what we assume that something bad is going to be the result, but believe in whatever bad happened to us will be healed by Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

If you are feeling sad then the day is long, feeling happy the day goes quick.  ;)

Yes you right brother............

from my experiance as a muslim i can solve it by pray to allah a lot
then all sadness will go
just try it

I wash off sadness with tears and it will give me some ease!! ;) By this way, I do not keep a sadness for a long time...!! By one way or another, I will step back to my smile SOON!!!

Find a quiet place; put your right hand on your chest and your left hand on your stomach; then gently say to yourself “Your name, I am here for you, I care about your suffering,” Schab says it work for him i don't know work for u or not

any one sad
pls call me
then u will be happy for a week
:proud:lol:

Well thank you everyone,,,! Now I have a new way to deal with sadness, I would just open the Expat.com site,read the posts from other members
For there are funny post  ;) or immerse myself in posting my thought!!
Have a good day everyone
Cheers

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak .sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. so when ever u feel sad just count the blessing of God upon u

stumpy wrote:

If you are feeling sad then the day is long, feeling happy the day goes quick.  ;)

So it's better to be sad.  Life is too short already.  If you're happy, it will go by faster.

I will do something which makes me happy (probably a long run) and eventually i will forget the sadness :)

u can't protect urself from sadness coz u can close ur  eyez but ur heart will feel the thing u want to forget.so u can't run from ur sadness just let it the part of ur life. :/

I think i'm a simple person. So i just cry, cry and cry loudly until tired. Then i go to sleep. When i wake up and i feel everything had been passed. And i have a new day, new change to made me happy and enjoy my life after experience sadness. And one notice for you, you never forget the sadness. You have to live with it but you put it in the deeply space of your mind.

As for me when i m sad i just read Quran & pray to Allah that He help me with my sadness and guide me the way to pull myself out from it

i was reading an Islamic book about Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S in that he said “When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray”

i try to make someone around me happy, cos once i see them smile or laugh, it gives me a big relief.
so far its worked for me.

watch a romantic comedy  or read a good book or try to writ  ur feelings

Expat.com is the right place to take over your sadness

I just Enjoy Comedy Film whenever i am SAD..!!!!

One comment here reminded me of a part of the book "Catch 22," about the one character that tried to be very bored all the time to make time go slower.  He would just lie motionless, and therefore seem to have more time. 

Of course the funny part was that then he didn't enjoy the time anyway, so he just had more of something he didn't want.

It seems like depression and sadness are closely related but two different things.  Of course I can't define or explain the difference but it seems to me that some perceived problems or gaps in your life can lead to sadness but if instead all the meaning itself doesn't add up then one might become depressed.  That might be as much related to inborn tendencies as external factors or learned response patterns.

Or maybe that's completely wrong; it's just how I interpreted darker periods in my younger life.  Now I feel like happiness and sadness and satisfaction come and go for me but since meaning itself is never an issue neither is depression.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR