OVERSTAY TOURIST VISA FINES - as of 2014

Ok Tomas still not saying it is true but looking at multiple sites this morning including two pages of discussion on www.dr1.com  this link http://dr1.com/forums/government/151336 … -visa.html  NO one has been able to substantiate this "new visa".

So like it or not I will continue to wait before passing on this information, which I hope is true.  But I won't pass it on to others until it can be shown that in fact it is true.

Have a good day

Bob K

I have tried in vain many times to RENEW my cedula, and that is impossible, been to santo domingo twice with a lawyer and santiago for me it is amazing, since I have one what is the big deal to renew? Humbly I say most of ex pats buy homes, spend money, pay taxes etc. yet we are subject to so much red tape, they should address this and not deport the haitian people.

How long has your Cedula been expired for?  After a certain time you need to start the process all over again.  If it is just expired then it should be no problem and can be done in a day.  If this is the case you need a new lawyer

Bob K

Just wondering if this is still current as of June 19, 2915?
I have been here since June 4, 2014 living with my husband while we were waiting for his green card paperwork (finally have the interview set for July 6, 2015). Our daughter has dual citizenship so she won't have to worry about it but I have nothing still at this point.

I just don't want to have any surprises! I think I would have to pay the $4000 one since I will have been here for between 1 year and 1.5 years.  But my husband found other websites saying I would have to pay 6500, and 8000 pesos. We just want tonpay make we won't have more tonpay or be scammed out more money.   Is there a website you can provide for me so I can print it out? Thanks!!

Currently 24-30 months you pay $9500 pesos.

Bob K

Tomas I have still not seen anything in writing on the "new extended visa", have you?  Do you know anyone who has gotten one and if so how did they do it??

Bob K

Leon was asked for a site to see this information.  He did not have one but said he was told this by phone by the minister of tourism.

So really nothing has changed.  Maybe a plan is taking shape ( I certainly hope this is the case) but nothing has changed at all at the present.  We maybe jumping the gun by saying a 90 day visa is available.

For now we should just report facts as hearsay can get confusing.

Have a great day all you all (that is how they say it in Tennessee)

Bob K

Bobby, I was reporting the fact that Leon was speaking
to the Minister and the facts were as reported.
That's it.
So wait & see, as usual.
Patience grasshopper.

One thing I have learned here  is patience and then some.

I do hope the info is good however till we see it no use telling folks it is a done deal.  I am still waiting on the Hospital in Sosua (has been started 3 times) and the repair of the tourist highway to Santiago (has been scheduled for repair every few months for 5 years or so now.

So yes patience...

Bob K

Ahhhhhhhhhh yes patience...............  something you MUST learn here or leave.............it really is that simple....  Bob you are right if we had a peso for every announcement that never saw the light of day we would have a really big big pile of pesos!!!!

Truer words have never been spoken....

Bob K

& don't forget the marina at the mouth of Sosua River.
I bought a Condo there about 7 years ago after
I heard that rumor.
It still was a good investment though.

Yep that is another one.  The list goes on and on and on.

However next year is an election year so things will start again (hospital, roads, infrastructure) and the projects will last about tll  48 hours after the election (that is how long it will take to pack up the equipment and abandon the sites till the next election).  At that pace some of the projects should be done in 2795 or soon there after :D:D:D

Bob K

That fast ya think?
But, you have to admit, Danilo did spend the 4 percent
on education. Abinader looks good.

He sure did. He built a lot of new schools, and improved education.  STILL a lot to do though.

What he accomplished in the last 3 years is just amazing.  He has done more for education than in the previous 16 years.  Now lets hope he gets to continue the good work.

Next phase .... educate the teachers and teach them how to teach.

Bob K

Now, that's a novel idea Bob!
Kinda putting the cart before the horse.
That was my step-sons main complaint last
year when he graduated from Gr. 12, he knew more
than all his teachers, really!
He is now in SD learning slightly out-dated computer programming.
Doing well.

Have you ever seriously looked at the textbooks....what joke. 

Bob K

Well, now we really are getting aquainted with
"Developing Countries" practices.

I was fined 4000 peseso for being in the country 100 days. this was done in Santiago Airport.

That is correct. 3 to 9  months is 4,000 rd now.

This has been the case for nearly a year now. I have looked at your other posts as well.  First off welcome to the forum. Secondly if you are going to live here it will serve you to get your residency.   The day is coming where you will have problems with out it.

I can't understand why some think they can just live here and not have to do what is required. If you were in the US and not a citizen of the country you would need to file for a visa or green card.  Why should it be different for you here????

Bob K

Bob, with all due respect, the U.S. has millions of undocumented people living here and does nothing about it.  They're given free education, free health care, public assistance through food stamps, housing, etc, all the while many of them are working for cash money. Then on top of that they're given free access to stay here through the birth of their anchor babies.  We even have sanctuary cities that openly defy federal law and no one does anything about it.  So again, with all due respect, I don't think the US is a very good example of too much right now, especially immigration law.  However, I do understand your point and totally agree.  I'm a law-abiding person, so 99% of the time, I'm going to follow the rules and generally do not have much respect for those who don't.

Excellent point made Wanabe.
Trump will fix that, juan by juan! :)

juan by juan???????

I'd like to believe someone could fix it, but we're in a hurt over here and it's going to take someone really exceptional.

If  you are waiting for exceptional in a US president election PLEASE do not hold your breath :D:D:D

Bob K

Juan by Juan, think about it????
Got it now? Not yet?
Say it & listen.
I suppose SOME people would call this racist.

Tamas, amazing how many idiots can;t comprehend. I guess that they  don't speak Espanol, ie. Juan X Juan. Thanks for putting the smile on my face!

Ok everyone back on topic please..... :offtopic:

Agreed, back to topic.  how about ending this thread? For months now the rules & rates for overstay has been posted to death.

There is an updated thread on this topic so yes, let's close this one. Thanks.... :D

Closed