International Tax Advice Anyone?

Hi,

I am looking for someone who can advise me on how I should deal with taxation in both Vietnam and UK, this would need to be a professional who knows all the answers and has handled these types of taxation issues for British people who are living in Vietnam previously.

Thanks

Paul

There's more US accountants over here than any other.

I presume you are talking about income tax, which should be looked after by your employer. I should start there vis-a-vis VN income tax. My company's accountant is an ex-government tax man and looks after every thing.

There is a tax agreement between VN and the UK

You might get suggestions from the British Chamber of Commerce of VietNam. HSBC, the drug dealer's laundromat, might know of UK type accountants over here, too.

Personally, I never bother to file a UK income tax return as from VN, I simply use a UK accommodation address and file as usual.

The UK government is considering making the 'personal deduction allowance' (whatever) unavailable to UK residents overseas but as of this time it is still in effect.

Hello Paul

I'm currently working for a world leading financial advisory company here in HCMC.

We cater specifically to expats here in Vietnam.

And specialize in a wide variety of areas, such as pensions, life insurance, general insurance, education fee planning, investments, etc, etc...

Please send me a PM if you would like further details about the company as they may be able to help. 

Cheers

Robert

Thanks for the thoughts the chamber of commerce does sound like a good lead to follow

Cheers

remb2030 - do you do taxation advice or just planning? I am only interested in personal taxation advice.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)