Social Security number

Hi guys,

I already have my NIE and social security number, but have misplaced my documents. How do I go about getting my Social Security number? I have been rebuffed at the office and my bank won't show me the document without my personal advisor being present. He is currently on holiday. Got to love Spain! Any help or advice would be great.

Dan

PS. I'm in Barcelona...

If you have a book with your bank account your NIE should be on the details in the front of the book.  Cant help with the other one.  Suggest when you get them, you make a coded note of them somewhere safe.  Its easy to lose paper documents.

Thanks buddy, my employers already have my NIE. I will chase down the Social Security number, thanks for the reply though!

Your welcome.  Sorry I could not help.  I am a pensioner so don't know, but is there a chance your boss has your other number as well, like they do in the UK with NIS number.

I had muy wallet stolen with muy Social Security card in it and the SS office replaced it in moments when I went there.

I would suggest you try the office again. Maybe they misunderstood, maybe you got an idiot but so long as you can prove you're the person entitled to the card (by showing something that identifies you to you NIE) then they should give you a replacement and they are the only people who can.

If you don't think that's a runner you could pay an asesor to do it on your behalf.

Oh, and you'll have to get a replacement NIE anyway. Life will be impossible without one. If needs be go back to the foreigners office and try to start again. They'll find the old number and reissue it.