Wanna make friend with cat lover!

Should I put this topic on Pets forum? Nah, I want to make friend, do not try to ask anything for my cat, she is fine :D

Did you read this poem?

The cat that walked by himself

Pussy can sit by the fire and sing,
Pussy can climb a tree,
Or play with a silly old cork and string
To 'muse herself, not me.
But I like Binkie my dog, because
He knows how to behave;
So, Binkie's the same as the First Friend was,
And I am the Man in the Cave!

Pussy will play man-Friday till
It's time to wet her paw
And make her walk on the window-sill
(For the footprint Crusoe saw);
Then she fluffles her tail and mews,
And scratches and won't attend.
But Binkie will play whatever I choose,
And he is my true First Friend!

Pussy will rub my knees with her head
Pretending she loves me hard;
But the very minute I go to my bed
Pussy runs out in the yard,
And there she stays till the morning-light;
So I know it is only pretend;
But Binkie, he snores at my feet all night,
And he is my Firstest Friend!

Rudyard Kipling

Did you feel angry? Nah that poet does not understand a thing about feline to say those things.  :sick Just because he is a dog-lover, he can't feel the pleasure that cat gave him.

I feel like, its so hard to find a cat-lover around. I hope I can find someone will share with me the happiness of watching a cat playing around, the admiration to their gorgeous eyes and movements...etc...

I don't mean to take my cat out to meet your cats or anything. She is definitely fine with her own life, her friends, her place, her garden, her neighbors. Yes that is about cats, they are INDEPENDENCE. So there will be no activities like that :)

We can be friend online or offline whatever. I will message you my skype account. Many thanks :)

:unsure

Whats the matter?

By the way, i love Cat too. Im a Pet lover! :")

Nice to meet you!

You could also try to visit some Pet House on Facebook like Petmaiam, Petviet...

There are many many homeless Pets here, they are waiting for the new good owner!

Good day!

Thanks for your good intention. But I do not want any new pet. One is enough for me :D

I'm finding new friend who's love cat, not new cat :)

I don't have bad meaning but I found that dog is always bother me. They always need me to play with them, while I just want to take rest, read book, watching cat (or even dog) playing. The way a cat comes and just lies by me make me feel relax.

Thanks again :)

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

The story of my life.  :)

It seems Van is carrying her pet always!
I like to see pets from far but never want to touch or allow it to enter in to my premises  :)
Preference goes to personal hygiene  :)

Adhome01 wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

But you still love your cat right? you know that is who she is and accept it right? :D

Adhome01 wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Adhome, are you talking about the human version?

charmavietnam wrote:

It seems Van is carrying her pet always!

Oh yes, but only when she is hungry she will go to find my mother  :D 

charmavietnam wrote:

I like to see pets from far but never want to touch or allow it to enter in to my premises  :)
Preference goes to personal hygiene  :)

yah my ex used to do not let me touch him after touching a cute dog. I know kind of person like you  :cool::D  (no bad meaning)

bluenz wrote:
Adhome01 wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

:lol::lol:

Omg you guys, please explain

:lol:

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
bluenz wrote:
Adhome01 wrote:

I'll try not to corrupt you too much, but a pussy, ( slang ),  is also a furry thing, that only females have.

bluenz wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:
bluenz wrote:

I'll try not to corrupt you too much, but a pussy, ( slang ),  is also a furry thing, that only females have.

Haiz, so, I know it. Someone mentioned it before but I did not care much.

Yah, please comeback to cat, no more human  :D

I love cats, I love every kind of cat, I just want to hug all of them but I can't, can't hug every cat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4

Hi,

I enjoy your poem. Thanks for your sharing.

But..

What happens if you have cat lover club here? Chatting about cat whole day?

I am imaging.

Your topic has some sensitive words...

Nam_ wrote:

I love cats, I love every kind of cat, I just want to hug all of them but I can't, can't hug every cat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4

OMG 30mil views! Are you kidding me  :D
Hilarious, but I don't think its that much stunning out :)

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi,

I enjoy your poem. Thanks for your sharing.

But..

What happens if you have cat lover club here? Chatting about cat whole day?

I am imaging.

Your topic has some sensitive words...

You must be a dog-lover right? :)

I'm not trying to create a club, just finding friend. Someone have same feeling toward cats. Then I will feel less lonely in this world :D (Feel like everybody around love dogs, and think about cats the way the poet above thinks). And what will we talk about?! I think it's not have to be always about cats. We can talk about cats sometimes but we can be friend on other sides of our life also.

My topic or the poem? Or that Mr. mischievous blennz? :D Believe me I do not have that meaning :)

When I married my wife, anything that came in the house on four legs was going in the pot. But when we were moving from Panama to Puerto Rico, one of my workmates asked if we wanted any cats. His Siamese had gotten friendly with the neighborhood tomcat, and kittens were due. Since my wife was going to be living over a hundred miles from my workplace, on a farm, I told him to bring them by and  let her have a look. They were two little Siamese which she named Muon Tra (the male) and Xicola (the female). In any event, she fell in love with them. Muon Tra ("Moonchie") grew into a handsome flame point white Siamese,and Xicola (a take off from Xocola = Choclate) grew into a beautiful "snow-shoe" Siamese mix (white paws instead of chocolate). Out on the farm, Xicola had three kittens (who came out black with green eyes), and we'd picked up two dogs. The dogs stayed downstairs (we had a two storey home), but the cats had the run of the house. When the wife went back to Vietnam for a few months, and I stayed home three days a week to care for the farm, the cats would get in the bed with me, as they did every night with her.

She liked to run every day, and it was over six hundred feet from the house to the property gate, and from there a half mile out to the road. When she ran, the cats and dogs ran with her. Only with the cats, they would dash ahead of her, get into cat business, and take off after her when she ran by, stopping again to investigate or chase something, the catching up with her again. The neighbors had never see anything like it, and since she was the first Vietnamese they ahd ever seen, they though she had some special power over animals.

We had to leave the dogs behind when we moved to Korea, but four of the five cats came with us.

My wife is now a confirmed cat lover, as well as a dog lover, and now gets after her family for slaughtering livestock. I have to stick up for them and tell her it's unreasonable for farmers to raise animals as pets. They don't have the money or time. Still, deals have been made. They don't slaughter any animals around her, except for chickens. (In Mexico we had ducks that became pets, and didn't eat duck for a good seven years after.)

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

I'm not trying to create a club, just finding friend. Someone have same feeling toward cats. Then I will feel less lonely in this world :D (Feel like everybody around love dogs, and think about cats the way the poet above thinks). And what will we talk about?! I think it's not have to be always about cats. We can talk about cats sometimes but we can be friend on other sides of our life also.

My topic or the poem? Or that Mr. mischievous blennz? :D Believe me I do not have that meaning :)

I am not really a dog lover when your topic is cat lover. I think I love all animal, especially dinosaurs!

Cat isnt really silent as you think. Sometimes I feel it is like women who want to be cared and boilt. They really make scary noises when they need a *** partner or  lover.

I love gorgeous cat walks.. love the way they look at me. I used to have a persian cat. Very beautiful and arrogant lady with long white tail.

Seems I love cat from very detail parts which can be different from your love but I dont think I am a cat lover. I cant stand their night sound.

Regards

lirelou wrote:

.... grew into a handsome flame point white Siamese,and Xicola (a take off from Xocola = Choclate) grew into a beautiful "snow-shoe" Siamese mix (white paws instead of chocolate).

I wonder if animal also have the same definition of beauty and intelligence like our human do.

lirelou wrote:

When I married my wife, anything that came in the house on four legs was going in the pot. But when we were moving from Panama to Puerto Rico, one of my workmates asked if we wanted any cats. His Siamese had gotten friendly with the neighborhood tomcat, and kittens were due. Since my wife was going to be living over a hundred miles from my workplace, on a farm, I told him to bring them by and  let her have a look. They were two little Siamese which she named Muon Tra (the male) and Xicola (the female). In any event, she fell in love with them. Muon Tra ("Moonchie") grew into a handsome flame point white Siamese,and Xicola (a take off from Xocola = Choclate) grew into a beautiful "snow-shoe" Siamese mix (white paws instead of chocolate). Out on the farm, Xicola had three kittens (who came out black with green eyes), and we'd picked up two dogs. The dogs stayed downstairs (we had a two storey home), but the cats had the run of the house. When the wife went back to Vietnam for a few months, and I stayed home three days a week to care for the farm, the cats would get in the bed with me, as they did every night with her.

She liked to run every day, and it was over six hundred feet from the house to the property gate, and from there a half mile out to the road. When she ran, the cats and dogs ran with her. Only with the cats, they would dash ahead of her, get into cat business, and take off after her when she ran by, stopping again to investigate or chase something, the catching up with her again. The neighbors had never see anything like it, and since she was the first Vietnamese they ahd ever seen, they though she had some special power over animals.

We had to leave the dogs behind when we moved to Korea, but four of the five cats came with us.

My wife is now a confirmed cat lover, as well as a dog lover, and now gets after her family for slaughtering livestock. I have to stick up for them and tell her it's unreasonable for farmers to raise animals as pets. They don't have the money or time. Still, deals have been made. They don't slaughter any animals around her, except for chickens. (In Mexico we had ducks that became pets, and didn't eat duck for a good seven years after.)

Thanks for your sharing! By the way, is that Muon Tra a Vietnamese name? What does it means?

Dejavu.dot wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

I am not really a dog lover when your topic is cat lover. I think I love all animal, especially dinosaurs!

Cat isnt really silent as you think. Sometimes I feel it is like women who want to be cared and boilt. They really make scary noises when they need a *** partner or  lover.

I love gorgeous cat walks.. love the way they look at me. I used to have a persian cat. Very beautiful and arrogant lady with long white tail.

Seems I love cat from very detail parts which can be different from your love but I dont think I am a cat lover. I cant stand their night sound.

Regards

You are full of conflict :D

sooooooooooooooooooooo, how about a trip to coffee cat?

I suggest this.
Ailu Cat House Cafe.

Anyone wanna take a tour please leave your cell phone number here. i will gather the people.

Sincere

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

You are full of conflict :D

Why do I feel I am always logical?

VanKhanh Ho, according to Madame Lirelou, Muon Tra means "Moon Tea". Bear in mind that she calls cholocate "Xicola instead of Xocola. Muon Tra might be a Tinh Hau Giang expression. ;-)  The first Mooncie died in Korea from cancer. We have his ashes with us. Later, we happened upon an abandoned cat who looked exactly like the first Moonchie, but his personality is very different. So we refer to the original Muon Tra as "Moonchie Anh", and the second Muon Tra as "Moonchie Hai". Xicola's remaining Kitty is now 14 years old. His name is Mieu Tieu because when he was born, he looked like he had grey hair, but it was a combination of white and black ("Salt and pepper") But by the time he was 9 months old, his hair had turned shiny black, except for a little white 'necktie' mark. In the dark, he has brilliant gold eyes, but in the daylight they look green. He likes to 'talk' and before he goes to sleep at night he has to climb up on Mama's (my wife) chest and snuggle his head against her chin, purring so loud you can hear it across the room. When Xicola died, Mieu Tieu spent months roaming the house, looking for her.

By the way, I never saw that Kipling poem, but I remember the Jungle Book. I always refer to Mieu Tieu as "le fils de Bagheera". If you remember the jungle book, you'll remember it was Bagheera, the panther, who protected him fro the tiger, Shir Kanh.

Lirelou wrote " Later, we happened upon an abandoned cat who looked exactly like the first Moonchie,"

Haha, you remind me of my old Mum + Dad, they had an " Old " life crisis, ( in their 60's ), sold their house and bought a self contained Mobile home, ( RV in the US ), they used to carry their cat around with them , all over NZ, then one night it didn't return from it's new neighbourhood adventure, but a few weeks later, much further down the track, this other cat, that was almost identical to the lost one,  kept hanging around them, so after a few days , they " adopted " it.

My sister has these ugly Burmese cats, ( they look like Oscar from Sesame St ), she used to drive around with the cat draped around the back of her neck????? ( And I'm banned from having my dog on the front of my m/b here, mind you , he had a habit of standing up with his front paws on the handlebars, I have no doubt we may have caused a few accidents , with VN's staring at us  and not watching where they were going , as usual ).

I also had a friend who's cat would fetch things after you'd thrown them.

lirelou wrote:

VanKhanh Ho, according to Madame Lirelou, Muon Tra means "Moon Tea". Bear in mind that she calls cholocate "Xicola instead of Xocola. Muon Tra might be a Tinh Hau Giang expression. ;-)  The first Mooncie died in Korea from cancer. We have his ashes with us. Later, we happened upon an abandoned cat who looked exactly like the first Moonchie, but his personality is very different. So we refer to the original Muon Tra as "Moonchie Anh", and the second Muon Tra as "Moonchie Hai". Xicola's remaining Kitty is now 14 years old. His name is Mieu Tieu because when he was born, he looked like he had grey hair, but it was a combination of white and black ("Salt and pepper") But by the time he was 9 months old, his hair had turned shiny black, except for a little white 'necktie' mark. In the dark, he has brilliant gold eyes, but in the daylight they look green. He likes to 'talk' and before he goes to sleep at night he has to climb up on Mama's (my wife) chest and snuggle his head against her chin, purring so loud you can hear it across the room. When Xicola died, Mieu Tieu spent months roaming the house, looking for her.

So what is "Moon Tea" means? I know Tra is Tea, but Muon is Moon? Don't get it. hic. This took me so much time trying to understand =.=

The gray hair cat should be "Muoi Tieu". I understand this name. haha

Madame Lirelou is special in term of name her cats!  :D

bluenz wrote:

My sister has these ugly Burmese cats, ( they look like Oscar from Sesame St ), she used to drive around with the cat draped around the back of her neck????? ( And I'm banned from having my dog on the front of my m/b here, mind you , he had a habit of standing up with his front paws on the handlebars, I have no doubt we may have caused a few accidents , with VN's staring at us  and not watching where they were going , as usual ).

That amazing cat  :D If I carry my cat to the street that way she will be panic and run away.

Can be banned from carrying dog outside by motorbike?!!!

bluenz wrote:

"Thown them" => This sound terrible. People tend to abandon cats more than dogs. Looking at them on rescue cat site tear my heart  :sosad:

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
bluenz wrote:

That amazing cat  :D If I carry my cat to the street that way she will be panic and run away.

Can be banned from carrying dog outside by motorbike?!!!

bluenz wrote:

"Thown them" => This sound terrible. People tend to abandon cats more than dogs. Looking at them on rescue cat site tear my heart  :sosad:

Haha, no , they didn't throw the cat!!! My dog fetches as well, that's really grabs VN's attention, wow, a dog that does more than bark, eat and shit, ( and become someones dinner ).

A VN official, obviously didn't like Foreigners, must have gone through his little " RED " book, and found some law, that states , " all animals must ride in a cage on the back of a vehicle ", ( and this is rural ), as we know, the front is reserved for small helmet-less children, but they actually did me a favour, now I can carrying my 3 ms lengths of steel, etc, etc, on the top of the cage, with ease, ( and I don't have to use that illegal trailer ).

bluenz wrote:
bluenz wrote:

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Haha, no , they didn't throw the cat!!! My dog fetches as well, that's really grabs VN's attention, wow, a dog that does more than bark, eat and shit, ( and become someones dinner ).

Oh dear, misunderstanding. Throw THINGS! :D
Wow that cat is intelligent, plus that she is not ignore people like normal cats usually do :D

I see people in HCMC carry their dog on their motorbike all the time. Nothing happen with them  :unsure

" I see people in HCMC carry their dog on their motorbike all the time. Nothing happen with them "

Are they Foreigners? I've also seen some VN's up here with dogs on the front. One old VN man had a little platform below the back of his bicycles rear wheel, where this fat little dog, ( that looked as old as the man was  ), could step up on it and get a ride, it looks so funny, unfortunately I haven't got a photo of it yet.
It's also ok for VN's to tow their trailers around up here, but not me????

Cats are very smart, you never own a cat, it owns you .

VanKhanh, if you get tour cats just as soon as they are weaned off their mother, they will bond with you provided you hold them often and play with them.

Much of how cats relate to humans relies on what they have picked up from their mother. If the mother cat was well cared for and close to her humans, her kittens will tend to be also. The cats we have rescued from shelters all adopted certain traits they learned from Muon Tra and Xicola. Of course, her last kitten is still with us. I walk the cats at night, and the rescues learned to accompany Muoi Tieu. Our calico rescue, however, likely lost her mother early because while she does use a litter box, she does not cover her feces up as cats raised with adult cats learn to do. She also cannot 'meow' as most cats do, but chirps.

The downside of getting a cat to bond with you is that they will insist on such things as sleeping with you, follow you around the house, and come to you when they want to be let in or out, or eat, or eat some special treat you have given them in the past. When Moonchie Anh wants to go out between 0430 and 0530 in the morning (times vary). He jumps up on the bed (if he hasn't spent the night here) and finds a hand or finger and starts licking it. (He has a tongue like sand-paper). If I ignore that, he moves up near my head and meows. If that doesn't get me up, he walks down my back or stomach to my feet, and if they are under the covers he starts attacking them playfully, biting hard on the blanket to let me know that it's time to get up, or else.

There are advantages to having cats that just eat, drink, hang around the house, and sleep, otherwise ignoring their humans.

lirelou wrote:

VanKhanh, if you get tour cats just as soon as they are weaned off their mother, they will bond with you provided you hold them often and play with them.

Much of how cats relate to humans relies on what they have picked up from their mother. If the mother cat was well cared for and close to her humans, her kittens will tend to be also. The cats we have rescued from shelters all adopted certain traits they learned from Muon Tra and Xicola. Of course, her last kitten is still with us. I walk the cats at night, and the rescues learned to accompany Muoi Tieu. Our calico rescue, however, likely lost her mother early because while she does use a litter box, she does not cover her feces up as cats raised with adult cats learn to do. She also cannot 'meow' as most cats do, but chirps.

The downside of getting a cat to bond with you is that they will insist on such things as sleeping with you, follow you around the house, and come to you when they want to be let in or out, or eat, or eat some special treat you have given them in the past. When Moonchie Anh wants to go out between 0430 and 0530 in the morning (times vary). He jumps up on the bed (if he hasn't spent the night here) and finds a hand or finger and starts licking it. (He has a tongue like sand-paper). If I ignore that, he moves up near my head and meows. If that doesn't get me up, he walks down my back or stomach to my feet, and if they are under the covers he starts attacking them playfully, biting hard on the blanket to let me know that it's time to get up, or else.

Moonchie Anh is sound funny. So cute. I was smiling when reading about his action at morning. :D He must be raised very good (with lots of love) to have those active and confident actions. Cute.

I have my window always open for my cat go in and out the house freely. The inconvenience is she usually brings her friends home without asking me :D Sometimes I wake up at midnight and see two or three of them playing around on the floor. Sometimes I see those cats eating the food that my cat left from her dinner. Then I got a doubt that she left those food for her friends   :happy:  Fortunately to this point I know all of her friends, which are neighbor's cats. So no worry by far.

Instead I have a little bit worry that since she is 1 year 4 months old now, she still not get pregnant, while she has 2 male friends always play with her around the yard. I don't mean to force her to get pregnant but I afraid that she still not have any love affair. One of my neighbors even joked that "Is she lesbian?"  :|

I love cat a little wild, more like cats than human. Yes I used to have a cat that apart from her mother too soon then she lacks a lot of cat's manner. But I enjoy look at cat act like cat, which are confident and independence from my view.

lirelou wrote:

There are advantages to having cats that just eat, drink, hang around the house, and sleep, otherwise ignoring their humans.

My cat: eats, drinks, hangs around the house, sleeps, lies on my legs or belly when I am reading or studying. My point when I said "ignoring people" is she will never fetch things back to me when I tell her even if she understand. She just does what she likes not what I tell her, like a boss :D

If she's not pregnant by now, she may be "fixed" (i.e., neutered) so that she can't have kittens. All of our present cats have been neutered. At first my wife couldn't stand the idea, so we waited until after Xicola had had kittens. But cat, males especially, are better neutered unless you plan to breed then. Otherwise, as soon as a neighborhood female comes into heat, the males will be fighting over her, and they can get torn up pretty badly.

Also, cats that roam tend to pick up fleas, something that can bring diseases into the house if the local rats and mice have them.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

My cat: eats, drinks, hangs around the house, sleeps, lies on my legs or belly when I am reading or studying. My point when I said "ignoring people" is she will never fetch things back to me when I tell her even if she understand. She just does what she likes not what I tell her, like a boss :D

Here is a touching story (true) that will make you love your cat more ..... :)
The little girl and her cat

Felines in general are free-willed creatures, curious by nature, free-roaming and territorial. Even a pet house-cat is no exception to that.

Interestingly, those who love cats also have this subtle cat-element of 'freewill' embedded in their personality. They like to strike a balance between 'obedience' and 'sense of freedom' in their lives. They are sensitive about their personal space and often feel suffocated in a regimented environment.  These are purely my observations though!! ;)

'"Interestingly, those who love cats also have this subtle cat-element of 'freewill' embedded in their personality. They like to strike a balance between 'obedience' and 'sense of freedom' in their lives. They are sensitive about their personal space and often feel suffocated in a regimented environment. "

Just like many Foreigners who live in VN????

bluenz wrote:

Just like many Foreigners who live in VN????

:top::lol::lol:

senwl wrote:

Interestingly, those who love cats also have this subtle cat-element of 'freewill' embedded in their personality. They like to strike a balance between 'obedience' and 'sense of freedom' in their lives. They are sensitive about their personal space and often feel suffocated in a regimented environment.  These are purely my observations though!! ;)

Haha ,this is recall me to my summary of my last failure relationship, that is

“You call it appreciation, I call it need
I call it independence, you call it cold”

Maybe it is partly the same with your conclusion about cat lovers above.

Hope it will not lead me to any other failure :D

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Hope it will not lead me to any other failure :D

Here is something a person would, by all means, try not to encounter in life .... A Cornered Cat!  ;)
Quite insightful!!

bluenz wrote:

Cats are very smart, you never own a cat, it owns you .

:top:
My cat always knows that she is my Queen :D
She is never consider herself as my pet. At least she is my friend, or housemate friend, something like that :D

senwl wrote:

Here is something a person would, by all means, try not to encounter in life .... A Cornered Cat!

Haha, I don't know that am I a cornered cat or not, but it's true to say that "She doesn't deal in revenge. If she feels threatened, she simply leaves."
The only thing I care is my happy and peaceful life. Avoid revenge or enemy or regret or over expectation or disappointing...etc... as much as I can.

Hello my cat-lover friend, where are you? :D

I have had cats in my life in those times of stability and there is one unforgivable thing they do; they die young - at least in human terms. When my marriage ended, our cat (a 90% Siamese) and I moved into an apartment and we were each others companion and in all my life never had such a close animal friend. Not long after its 13th birthday it got sick and could barely walk, I spent more than a thousand dollars with the vet. Business dictated that I go for three days to work in a remote part of BC in the winter. While there I received a call from my secretary that my cat had died. Even though the main highway was closed because of a major snowstorm, my Cherokee and I made the 9 hour return trip to Vancouver somehow going where other vehicles couldn't. I picked up my friend where she had died and took her in the car to the animal crematorium and did what I had to. That was 12 years ago and I still have my friends ashes to this day. I will never have another cat.

I do believe wrote:

I have had cats in my life in those times of stability and there is one unforgivable thing they do; they die young - at least in human terms. When my marriage ended, our cat (a 90% Siamese) and I moved into an apartment and we were each others companion and in all my life never had such a close animal friend. Not long after its 13th birthday it got sick and could barely walk, I spent more than a thousand dollars with the vet. Business dictated that I go for three days to work in a remote part of BC in the winter. While there I received a call from my secretary that my cat had died. Even though the main highway was closed because of a major snowstorm, my Cherokee and I made the 9 hour return trip to Vancouver somehow going where other vehicles couldn't. I picked up my friend where she had died and took her in the car to the animal crematorium and did what I had to. That was 12 years ago and I still have my friends ashes to this day. I will never have another cat.

I used to think the same, had a dog for 12 yrs also, even took him from Aus to NZ, ( judging by the cost of the airfare, he went 1st class, me economy, even had to pay his passenger arrival tax of $25 at the time, 1991 ), he was my constant companion , usually 24/7, went everywhere with me, ( over 100,000kms in one year once ), then he had a lump on his old fella, took him to the vet, they did a biopsy, and called me later that day, something I will never forget, I was driving a passenger service bus around the city that day, the Vet tells me, " He's riddled with cancer, only has 3 --6 months to live " as I was taking that in, he then says, " Do you want us to put him to sleep while he is still on the table, " ( WTF!!!!, so much for his bedside manners ), to make things even harder , my sister , ( 34 ), had only passed away the year before, after a 3 month battle with cancer, I really wanted to go and " deal " with this Vet at the time.
  He lived another 9 months, he was still eating and running around ,  like a much younger dog, ( he was a fetch anything dog, very active ), unfortunately I had to go overseas in the last 3 months of his life, he stayed with my parents,  never letting my father out of sight. I asked when he started showing signs of suffering, THEN put him to sleep, Mum said this is only the 2nd time she has seen my father cry. ( married for 60 yrs ), Till this day, I haven't really accepted his death, and learnt from it, never to view a dead body again, ( a bit hard driving around VN though ), and to remember someone as they were, while alive.
  Now I've had a new dog for 4 yrs, so loyal , and smart, without him and Mr Internet, I know I would have left here long ago.

I do believe wrote:

Sorry to hear your story  :(

Ya I used to lose my cats in the past that way, feel like "I can't believe", but still open my heart for new cat. One time I read an article saying that you should give your children a pet, then I started to scare that how much it will hurt them when it die :sosad: I am not sure that I dare to give my kids a pet, they will have to decide themselves whether they want a pet.

Anyway, still it is worth having a pet cause all of happiness they can bring us, not to say they need us (to raise them with love), right?  :)