Best Quiet Places in San Juan & Carolina Areas

Hola~

Well, I've arrived in San Juan, and am staying in Isla Verde. But it sure is NOISY all around here! I've been here for 11 days, and Lord a mercy! There are combined & continuous vibrations caused by the chaotic noise pollution coming from planes, horns, sirens, backing-up & beeping delivery trucks, building construction, air-conditioners, refrigerators, road work, barking dogs, buzz-sawing motorcycles, fast swirling ceiling fans, grinding garbage trucks, roaring school buses, loud laughter & frenetic conversations, bass booming music, and more BLaH blAH ba ba BLAh blah blah blaaaa

What are the best, most quietest places to go to for relief???

Even on the beach, some of this racket can be disturbingly heard over the waves, and driving to a library or museum is too noisy and exhausting for me right now.

While I'm waiting for a five ***** noise isolation headphone set to arrive in the mail, I'm sleeping inside a bathroom with no windows, and with four concrete walls.
AND I'm staying indoors.
When I've had a few good nights of undisturbed sleep, I'll venture out. Or should I just drive to the Rain Forest to take a long nap, with neem and lemon eucalyptus oils slathered on?

This is crazy & exhausting living - not for me at all.
The ONE best thing about being on Isle Verde though is the air. It's fresh ~ on the beach side of the street that is.

Welcome to Puerto Rico.  :huh:

Yeah, I'm glad you made it!  I hope you don't have a long lease where you are staying so you can move to somewhere quieter.  Sorry, I don't have suggestions for you.  I hope you find a peaceful place :)

Yep - welcome to Metro San Juan.  That's one of the main reasons why we moved out of Old San Juan and moved into military housing in Bayamón.

If you are an early riser, take a ride over to Old San Juan and stroll the streets.  It's usually very peaceful in the mornings and I enjoy grabbing a cup of delicious coffee and wander around.  Bring a camera! The Paseo la Princesa is a beautiful walkway and it connects to a path that borders the city's walls and El Morro.  Do be aware that the path is one way - you can not enter El Morro at the end.  The forts are really interesting to visit as well.

It seems that the Old City gets jumping in the late afternoon, so mornings are usually much quieter.  There's tons of things to see in the city and lots of cafes to duck into if it gets too hot or it starts raining.

If you don't want to drive, hop on the bus.  I believe B21 goes into the main terminal at the city.  If you're not sure, just ask someone.  Then, walk down to the tourism info center to pick up some maps and explore!

Hope this helps!

Welcome to Puerto Rico. Are you planning on staying in PR? If so, didn't you come and check it out first? Hate to tell you but the areas you are asking about don't get any quieter than right now. Things are pretty slow this time of year. The holidays will be here soon and the noise level will definitely rise during the two month long Christmas/Three Kings celebrations. Isn't it about time for the political season to start gearing up again? You'll love the political rallies and the insanely loud caravanas that wind their way through the streets every day for what seems like a period of time that will never end. You ain't seen nothin' yet. But it's like the new guy that has just started his first day on the job at the sewage treatment plant. He asks one of the longtime workers on their lunch break how he can eat with that smell The guy just replies "what smell?". Ask a native about the noise. You'll get the same response, "what noise?" You either get used to it, move somewhere else on the island where you can find a quieter place to live or leave like I did.