Relocating to Panama ~ location choices pros and cobs

Hi Everyone,
We are permenantly relocating to Panama in March 2015.
Our plan is to rent for 2 months while we look for a property to purchase around our scuba diving life. We have 2 dogs.

Could you please post your opinions with pros and cons on these 2 locations:

Punte Norte Isla Colon compared to bastmentos Isle of bastimentos

e.g ease of access to food supplies, should we buy a boat etc

Thank you !!

You will have many more choices for rentals and for grocery stores on Isla Colon.  There is much more to do there too.

A water taxi is really cheap and readily available around Bocas.  I would not buy a boat until you are settled in.

Hi,
I currently live on Isla Colon. Where you want to live depends on how accessible you want to be to grocery stores, night life, banking etc. For us it  makes sense to live in town because we do business every day and we like being close to services and people. We just take our boat out when we want to get away. A boat is essential as far as we're concerned, a car is not.
Other people are retired or not as sociable and prefer to live far from the madding crowds. In this case another island such as Bastimentos may make sense. They have a small town there too but it is a big island and you can be as Robinson Crusoe as you like.
No matter where you live yo will be close to your passion of scuba diving. if you tell me alittle more about your lifestyle, I can make some better recommendations..