Whole year climate in South Korea

Hi all,

Heard that winters are usually long, cold, and dry, summers are short, hot, and humid. Spring and autumn are pleasant but short in duration.

But how long does these seasons last?

How you get prepared the temperature change?

Are there any activity or cultural celebration organized in the different cities related to these different seasons?

What is your favorite season?

Thank you for your input!  :)

Regards,

David.

That is about right. The summer here is longish. There is a rainy season in July/August that lasts for a few weeks, but it was pretty tame this year. I was never a fan of weather in Korea, but the air around Seoul has gotten so much better recently, I think things around here are actually pretty nice. Spring and Fall however really ARE curiously short. As in frigid late fall mornings, and balmy summer nights can be only a week apart sometimes.

Hi liancourttalks,

Thank you for this input, really interessting information.

What about festivals related to these seasons, how the get organised?

Regards,

David.

Honestly, I don't think South Koreans do festivals so much. There are certainly a few events that have traditional underpinnings, like cherry blossom watching, but most holidays in Korea are spent with family members, and generally involve little public celebration. In my 5 years here, I have never seen or heard of a parade happening for example.

I'd rather choosed summer season among the four..huhu...really cold.😀😀