Inbound UK mail missing?

Hi, has anyone had any experience of inbound mail from UK going missing? I have 'lost' a credit card posted from UK a month ago and two Pension Pay slips posted two weeks ago. I have contacted MaltaPost (who are investigating) but just wondering if this is an isolated case or if anyone has any suggestions? (Apart from asking senders to use Registered/Recorded post.)

Only been here a few weeks but so far the post has been great - with mail arriving even when half the address is incorrect!

Also the speed has been good  = we had a card posted Monday (at the earliest) delivered yesterday (Thursday). Hope you soon get the missing items  :)

redmik wrote:

Hi, has anyone had any experience of inbound mail from UK going missing? I have 'lost' a credit card posted from UK a month ago and two Pension Pay slips posted two weeks ago. I have contacted MaltaPost (who are investigating) but just wondering if this is an isolated case or if anyone has any suggestions? (Apart from asking senders to use Registered/Recorded post.)

Someone stole Rose's credit card last month but I didn't report it missing to the police as the thieves were spending less than she was..................

Seriously though Mick, hope the 'missing mail' is just that and there is nothing sinister going on at the post office.

In the 6 years living in Malta never had any mail go missing - delayed yes but never missing....

Malta post has been very good for us - even when we sent our stuff 20 boxes (aprx 100kg) to Cyprus - all done and dusted in 6 days  - superb service

and their redirection service has to be one of the cheapest ever  - €5 for 12months redirection..... and it works too... i dont know how they do it.????

hope you get it eventually

Have had no trouble at all, as others have said bills!!! as well as cards have come very promptly.

2 moon pig cards went missing. One to my address in xemxija and a sympathy card to friends in Mellieha. My son sent them both from uk.

I am more inclined to think that this is an issue with the UK system than Malta. The system here has always been  excellent.

Will ask my son to chase moonpig. They have always been excellent too. Everything else has arrived, I agree.