Tratado de Amizdade

I was speaking to my brazilian friend today...., as we were talking about me, making my way into the Brazil and ways I could stay, he raised something I wasn't aware of and I don't know if anyone has heard of the Tranado de Amizdade?

Apparently it is something to do with countries Brazil has special relations with; such as Portugal. (A friendly reciprical agreement, of some kind)

Now.. I'm actually half Portuguese and apparently because of this, I may be able to gain a visa 'more easily' than if I weren't. But I do believe I need a Portuguese passport, which I don't have of course.

There is also the complication that my father and my grandad renounced their Portuguese citizenship when then moved from Madeira to Jersey (channel island) My great grandad however lived and stayed as a citizen of Portugal.

I'm hoping there may be something in this but I may just be chasing shadows...

Your thoughts?

That's correct, in order to benefit from the Lei de Igualdade dos Direitos you would need to have Portuguese citizenship and passport.

Ah ok. But I guess In order for me to get Portuguese Citizenship, my dad would need to get his back first.

do you think this would be a better way to ultimately gain permanent residence in Brazil?

Probably not, looks like it would actually be extremely complicated and time consuming. Really I'd come here with a plan of staying 6 months and see what happens in that time, if I were you.

Who knows if you wouldn't fall head over heels for some beautiful Brazilian gal???   :lol:

And THAT is VERY easy to do...

That is the ONLY reason I personally am even considering this move, after all...! Haha.

Probably the NO. 1 reason for immigration to Brazil.... :heart::heart::kiss::heart::heart:

Something tells me it's something that's almost inevitable  :|

Better get some portuguese sweet talk under my belt before I leave!

William:

Exactly, as is made quite apparent in most inquiries on this blessed Blog.

Firlus:

Haha, glad to see you're catching on, firlus...! Those are definitely the first words I learned myself...lol.