Moving to kuwait ,

What do i need to start there !

Bank account or use an HSBC expat one?

Do i need a car?? Ill be Mangaf based!

Sharing accomodation easy to find ??

Im an iphone geek 4G or 3G ??

Is it far from territory to territory ie kuwait city to mangaf?

Cheers in advance !!

Guess I'll jump in first... lol

Visa/Residency process, Civil ID, DL, Bank Account, Accommodation (Shared space shouldn't be too hard to find), a car is advised but getting from area to area through public transportation is not too much of a headache - whats far is all relative to what your used to - lol, 'i' anything is a little pricy in country so bring your devices with you (of course I don't know how expensive electronics are in Ireland). 

If you dig through this site, there should be plenty of info on this subject already covered...

Good Luck, and have fun with your new adventure!  :)

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback
Killian

Hello! I hope you have a great fun experience here.

I am a kuwaiti living in mangaf. I work in the city. It is usually half an hour drive if you are planning to drive your own car from mangaf to the city. but, with traffic, you need to get up early say around 6 in the morning you should be out.

The good thing about Mangaf is that there are many malls and cafes you can find,, many expats too. It is crowded most of the time.
Enjoy your trip.

Hw r u?

@izza_hotie > did you read the first post? Have you some useful information to share in this topic? Thank you.

lol @ territory; was just explaining Kuwait to a new american friend and called them "states" here, I'm guessing you are Canadian :P

What do i need to start there !
whatever u can carry on u from wherever you are coming from :P

Bank account or use an HSBC expat one?
HSBC in Kuwait is corporate only, so u will need a local bank account. choose NBK. abundant ATMs all over.

Do i need a car?? Ill be Mangaf based!
yes. u will need a car.

Sharing accomodation easy to find ??
depends. u will need to check online and try to find a good deal for yourself, hopefully u will find something.

Im an iphone geek 4G or 3G ??
4G?

Is it far from territory to territory ie kuwait city to mangaf?
get a car :P

i see ur Irish, if ur into Gaelic football, let me know when u get here and i'll put u in touch with the Harps, the Kuwait gaelic football team, mostly Irish-men & women :)

I am from Canada, I am flying this Saterday and I will be in Kuwait Monday, any suggestions what to bring (at this time coming alone)

Thanks for the feedback

rreddy wrote:

I am from Canada, I am flying this Saterday and I will be in Kuwait Monday, any suggestions what to bring (at this time coming alone)

Quality bedding (high thread count is hard to find) ... and bacon (lol)   :)

rreddy wrote:

Bring truckloads of patience. :)

Bring some medicine juz to mke sure, bcoz there are some medicine that are'nt available here in kuwait.