Do employers hire expats who come to Singapore with Social Visit Visa?

Hello seniors

I would like to know that if I am staying in Singapore on social visit visa and applying for jobs there.

Will employers consider my profile knowing the fact that they will have to arrange work pass for me. Where as I posses required level of education and skills as per the current Singapore job market.

Specifically speaking, do employers hire expats who come there on social visit visa?

Hello manojkatyara! :)

I invite you to read our section Visa for Singapore as well as Work in Singapore so as to understand the procedures behind to find work there.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Of course local employers prefer to hire locals over similarly skilled foreigners (as they are required to, by law).
Being in the country (e.g. on SVP) greatly increases your chances to be invited for a job interview - but you still need to be better than available locals in your specific field of expertise to get the job!
(And in addition, I must unfortunately add, applicants from the subcontinent, like you, are usually offered much lower wages than locals in the same situation would.)

Hi,

from my experience, Singaporean Companies really prefer Singaporean citizen as foreigners are a risk as they might get back to their countries someday + don't necessarily fit in the culture.
On top of that it is a burden for a company to constitute the sponsorship file for a visa.
So unless you fall in the following categories it is difficult to be hired on the Singaporean market:
1/ Specific skills that is hard to find (that also include some rare spoken languages)
2/ General Manager to lead a branch of a foreign companies

It is also a reason why a lot of expat's spouse struggle to find a job, although they have the Dependant Pass which is much easier to hire than the social visit pass.