Official translator in Casablanca

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know an official translator in Casablanca? i need to translate some visa request documents written in english, to french.

Thanks ;)

Have a look at blanee.com. They have a list of translation services.

http://www.blanee.com/guide/Casablanca/ … raducteurs

Thanks Laduqesa, would also like to hear an experience about that..

Expational wrote:

Thanks Laduqesa, would also like to hear an experience about that..

Same answer as on the French thread, I'm afraid. I do my own translations and don't use 3rd parties. I can't, therefore, give a recommendation.

In Casablanca, the street where the french consulate is located is full of translators right across the street from the court house.

Thanks shak4969, do you have an idea about the price?

I really don't remember, but they all have the same rate. I also remebre that the US consulate used to offer translations as well for a price of course. there's also a translator across the street from the US consulate next to that coffee shop there,

Thank you very much ;)

Please call driss : 0672244368

Moorish wrote:

Please call driss : 0672244368

Hello. It's always nice to see a new member contributing.

Please give us some information. Who is Driss? What are his qualifications? Is he officially authorised to do this sort of work?

Yes sure anything to help, He has an office in 179 BD Hassan I , behind American consulat in Casablanca, he does visa application ,and Translation, the name of his office : Visa conseil

Let me know if you need anything else

Hi,

Are you sure you need an official translator to translate your request? I would have though the request doesn't require an official translation. Official translators translators invoice by document, where as commercial translators (like me, in Marrakech) invoice per word. I would be happy to provide you with a quote to translate your letter.

Otherwise, here is the official list of 'traducteurs assermentés' (Legal translators) in Casablanca:

http://www.atajtraduction.ma/fr/Traduct … Casablanca

Moorish wrote:

Yes sure anything to help, He has an office in 179 BD Hassan I , behind American consulat in Casablanca, he does visa application ,and Translation, the name of his office : Visa conseil

Let me know if you need anything else

So it's a visa advice service rather than him being an official translator (traducteur assermenté)?

As far as I know,  Hé does both services

Moorish.

Thank you for your contributions, but I say again, the OP requested a very specific service. You are now saying that you don't know if the person you have recommended actually offers that service or not.

Hello, I work with a few translators that went to school in America with me. Let me know if you need the service still.

Kyle

modernpoet wrote:

Hello, I work with a few translators that went to school in America with me. Let me know if you need the service still.

Kyle

Are they "official translators" (traducteurs assermentés)?

Not "officially", but you could not only potentially get a better price than competitors, but they are very educated and speak perfect English.

modernpoet wrote:

Not "officially", but you could not only potentially get a better price than competitors, but they are very educated and speak perfect English.

So the OP has posted with a request for English-to-French translators who are "assermentés" and you reply with an offer of guys who are not "assermentés" and in addition are neither native speakers of French nor bilingual.

I honestly don't think this is very helpful, whether it saves money or not. As the OP points out in the francophone forum, he does freelance translation himself as I also do, but neither of us would tackle this.

It's moot anyway, as someone qualified has provided a list of official translators:--

http://www.atajtraduction.ma/fr/Traduct … Casablanca

I didn't specify that they are Moroccan apparently. I thought it would be obvious to you that they are multi-lingual seeing as the position is for translation. They have done a lot of this work in the US and Europe and are more qualified than your so called "assermentes" because of their multi-national educations. Anyway, you have a lousy attitude and should learn how to write/talk to people. I hope you waste your money on a sub-par service. Cheers

ModernPoet, hi.

I understand what you're saying. But it doesn't matter if they studied at Harvard or translated for vip clients. My father works in translation, and has many years of experience. When I was in Morocco, and needed translation to be done, from English-Arabic, I didn't think of anyone better placed to do that, than my own father, who has lived in both Egypt & UK for many years. But I was told that it must be "official". So that's what we did, even though I felt it was disrespect to the credentials of my father (which you may feel the same, towards your translator friends). But here Expational is specifically asking for an official translator, which I assume for similar reasons as I was faced with (Only "official" being accepted). I understand your frustrations. My father was happy to do it free-of-charge of course, and I'm certain the quality would have been 100 times better. But unfortunately that wasn't an option.

Ok I see, best of luck