New to Minneapolis and looking to make some friends

Hi, everyone. I'm fairly new to Minnesota and I would like to meet some people to hang out with and go on happy hours, etc. I'm 30 years old and I work with older people, so I don't get to make friends at work who are close to my age range. I've noticed that it can be hard to make friends here.

What things have you tried to meet new people? Can you suggest good places or areas where I could meet friendly people who are open to strangers/outsiders?

Thank you!

Welcome and good luck.  I am sure you will find lots of folks to hang out with.

Bob K  One of the older guys

I was born and raised in Minneapolis.  I can give you a list of places to go.  Send me a PM.

I sent you a PM.
If interested, contact me with the email I supplied you.
Best Wishes
Neil

Hopefully you could meet people at sporting events.
Zen Spike is a great resource for all things Minn.
You will find him easy to talk to since he is the same age as your clients.
Being from PR and having only spent a few months in your new spot you need to get ready for really cold weather.  Good Luck!!

Mug's,
Thanks for the nod. I did in fact contact the young lady and offered to put her in touch with my son. He is a fine young man, and has an extended group of friends that are all great as well. The majority of them have been together since kindergarten as they attended the Catholic school system through High School together.
I could certainly identify with the young lady, being a transplant myself. It can be challenging. I was fortunate in that I had many contacts in Cuenca prior to my arrival through different sites like this one.
Be Well,
Zen

Never mind.

Hi,
I live in south minneapolis for a year and half now. I am wondering if you wanna hang out or something :-)

Hello nasal,

Kindly note that this discussion has not been active since October 2014.

If you want to start a new discussion,you can do so on Networking Minnesota.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Oh thank you