Desa Parkcity

I have been searching on here and haven't found a lot of people suggesting to live in Desa Parkcity. Is there a reason for that? Is it because it is newer? My husband visited last month and thought this area and the school would be the best fit for us and our 4 children. I will go visit in a month however I am concerned since his work has paid the application fees for the school and I am second guessing. Anyone live in desa parkcity....... thought on it.....

Its a perfectly OK place to live. It has green space and is elevated. The school (lucky if you can get places there to be honest) is quite new. It is not really an international school in terms of lots of expat kids. Its more of a Chinese school (but that is not bad at all). The area is quite residential. It is a bit isolated and traffic jams to get in and out. Not easy to get to KL except by car, but Mont Kiara is nearer. You will definitely need two cars if you live there as there is little public transport in that area.

It is probably the closest thing in KL to living in a community in the west. Lots of people with dogs live there because of the lake, park, and double storey houses. I think you will miss having access to a swimming pool though, but you can always join a country club and get that type of facility, perhaps at Bukit Kiara. The shopping mall for that area is under construction still I believe.

Thank you for your reply. Is there a lot of dog friendly places to rent in mont kiara? We will be bringing our dog and that is one of the reasons I liked desa parkcity, as it seems dog friendly with lots of green spaces

There are very few suitable houses in Mont Kiara and no real green spaces. Its more of a condominium area. But you could also look at Bukit Damansara or Taman Sri Hartamas or area around Pubkika shopping complex which is close to MK. If you have already chosen the school though, check their busing routes. Another nice area is Beverly Heights (has communal pool, recreation and sports facilities and shuttle to KLCC) and Ukay Perdana close to ISKL and the zoo. Most important is how your husband will get to work. If he can arrange to have a driver, that will be the best situation. Some companies will also allow the driver to work for the family the rest of the day e.g. take children to school, etc.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

@Cindidecampos I found Desa a little far out from the center and from other areas I like. I prefer Mont Kiara. I'm not sure the cost is that much different.

@Cindidecampos which school have you chosen? Perhaps then could suggest some developments your could research.

Mount Kira is nice but it's a little over priced now. I am staying at The Era @ Duta North. Lots of space within the compound to bring your dog for walks and also many kid friendly facilities for your kids as well.

Best of luck on your move.

@sbara1

Hi @Sbara1 for Mont Kiara area depends what type of property you are looking, if landed prices is slightly more, if condo, depends on the size you are able to get condo ranging from RM2500 and above. If you are looking for condo, i happen to have a unit there at Mont Kiara Astana, if you interested I can send you more info, thank you.