Tourist visa's for Ukraine citizen to USA

Hi!
I need to know from a 3rd party what is realistic about the costs of a Ukraine citizen getting a tourist visa to vome to the USA for a period of 2 weeks.  Can some one tell me what it takes to get a tourist visa and what the cost should be please?  Also is it better to use a travel agency in Ukraine?
Thank you.  I am happy to give more information if it will help.

alvpackman wrote:

Hi!
I need to know from a 3rd party what is realistic about the costs of a Ukraine citizen getting a tourist visa to vome to the USA for a period of 2 weeks.  Can some one tell me what it takes to get a tourist visa and what the cost should be please?  Also is it better to use a travel agency in Ukraine?
Thank you.  I am happy to give more information if it will help.

You could contact the nearest US Embassy for visa information and applications yourself. A travel agent is likely to charge a fee for getting you a visa. 
You could ask a travel agent about fees for a visa plus tickets as they may have a package deal.
See what the visa fees are from the US Embassy first and then approach say 3 travel agents for competitive pricing.

Thanks.
My girl and I are in the process of getting her visa to come to visit me in January.  Her travel agency has told her it will cost 2400 grivna for her visa.  Then a $100 fee.  So that does not sound too bad of a deal.  I can get tickets on line through cheapoair.com at a very reasonable price.  But she must wait for her visa to be approved.  That is the trick with the government.

You better check with the embassy website, it is not always possible for all Ukrainians to get a tourist Visa to the U.S., you need to research first.

Yes that is true.  We have friends/relatives who have traveled out of Ukraine.  Their advice is to only tell them what they need to know not what may be correct.  You need to know how to play the game

Yes check with US embassy in Kiev first !!! There are many places that take your money and then you get the royal shaft !!! I hear it's almost impossible for a single woman to get tourist visa to USA !! Do your research !!

alvpackman wrote:

Yes that is true.  We have friends/relatives who have traveled out of Ukraine.  Their advice is to only tell them what they need to know not what may be correct.  You need to know how to play the game

This advise is good, not only for Ukraine and not only in dealing with its passport authorities, but worldwide and to any and all authorities. Main point of great importance is not to lie, or at least not to get caught lying.  ;)