What’s something you never leave home without?

What's something you never leave home without?

My body.

My wallet.... :unsure

As an expat in Brazil (even though I'm a permanent resident) I never leave home without a certified copy of my Canada Passport.

That is something I would strongly recommend to any expat. Unless you're embarking on an international trip never carry the original just a certified copy. DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT.

For me copy of passport, copy of local Dominican id papers (cedula, residencia and driver's lic).  Keep all the originals in the safe.

Bob K

Shoes

I have not worn real shoes (only flip flops or crocks) for 9 years. So would not know how to pack them :D

Bob K

^
You wear crocs - OMG

Bob K wrote:

I have not worn real shoes (only flip flops or crocks) for 9 years. So would not know how to pack them :D

Bob K

You will need a box car to pack them  :D:D:D
By the way did the crocs never lick your toes??? :D

For me,i used to look at the time every moment so i will not leave home without my wrist watch on my hand...

My memories.

An umbrella.  It's typhoon season.

Be careful you can be carried away by the wind @heiley   ;)

My sense of humou. Its a harsh world out there

say prayer

I never leave home without my trousers on........ :whistle:

Yeah passport copy is essencial , wallet some credit cards , smart phone for sure ., sometimes people are not really smart

Cherry Ann wrote:

For me,i used to look at the time every moment so i will not leave home without my wrist watch on my hand...

I have not worn a watch for 11 years now ( including my last 2 years of working in the US).  Don't  miss it and love not being ruled by 'time".  However I am sure the thousands of dollars worth watches in my safe deposit box back in the states are lonely :D

Bob K

I have not worn a watch for 11 years now

One hot day in Georgetown, Penang, my watch was really rubbing my wrist, so I tossed it into a rubbish bin.
A pedicab driver ran over and caught it before it landed.
I still have a watch, but it's in England so I'm unlikely to ever see it again.

I always leave home without it.

I never had a wristwatch in my whole life (just the same as with TV) - I can afford the luxury of living without it!

I scrapped my TV in the UK as I objected to paying a licence fee, but getting little in return for it.
Satellite TV went first; I got sick of 15 minutes of adverts in every hour, and terrestrial TV was nothing but repeats, so I ditched the TV as well.
The licence people used to call me a liar when I told them I hadn't got a TV, but a simple Anglo Saxon phrase soon told them where to go, and exactly how to get there.
I only have a TV here for the family; I hardly ever watch it.
I do have an LED projector that I hook up to the computer to make my home cinema - that's nice to watch Star trek on, but with no adverts.

I never forget to take main door key .

Anita S Sharma wrote:

I never forget to take main door key .

and i always forget my keys at home

stumpy wrote:

I never leave home without my trousers on........ :whistle:

Then you're not living life to the fullest.

Ahmed alhouti wrote:

Yeah passport copy is essencial , wallet some credit cards , smart phone for sure ., sometimes people are not really smart

Are people not smart because they do things in a different way?

Ahmed alhouti wrote:

Define "smart"

A phone is "smart" if it has more intelligence than its owner.
Unfortunately a very common occurrence.

How smart is the smartphone but still is a man made ,so what so great about it !! And at the end will go to waste bin if it's broke to piece

beppi wrote:

Oh, didn't get who you were referring to. No contest there

Passport copy.............
Local ID copy...........
Some cash.........
and moreover.........myself..........

I travelled too much i keep 200 0r 300 USD emergency , instead of the credit cards i was travelling in country that dont have western union suddenly i used my both credit cards and they are frozen by my bank and my hotel asking where is the payments so i just payed cash and i needed international call to see what happen to my credit card frozen , i decided to pay and sleep on street to solve this problem suddenly i remembered i have the USD 200 in my bag i hide them so i went to ahop to tranfere it into venezuelan bolivars then i headed into internet coffee shop i used skype i contact my bank to refresh my account again and every thing goes on again , some how i was in brazil i was victim of pick pocketing my hotel is far from me about 3 hours walk and the nieghbour hood danger was late evining suddenly i was begging internet ahop to give me five minuts to cancel my master card and report as stollen then i asked people on street to give me a dollar to return my place by bus no one help me so ireturn walk my home as 3 hours walking was late night i arrive ine piece early morning about 4:00 am like that so people need to have substitute  always even if that could be mini tent while travelling will be good choice ., as i slept in venezuela in streets 2 time and brazil 1 as hotels packed quiqly

i think myself i cant leave it behind me

My phone sends and receives phone calls.  That's smart enough for me.

beppi wrote:

My smart phone is way smarter than me.  I aspire to be at it's level.

Bob K

Would your phone say "smarter than me" or "smarter than I"?

I think it would probably do the other typo.  Phones are terrible with contractions.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Would your phone say "smarter than me" or "smarter than I"?

I think it would probably do the other typo.  Phones are terrible with contractions.

Hehehe.

I'm sure Bob knows, but that was a little humor based on his own self-deprecating joke.  Since someone is bound to complain, it was not a personal attack on him or his phone's use of grammar.

i never forget to check the locks when i have to left house

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR