LOOKING FOR A JOB!

Hey!

Im ally, i moved to malta last month form the uk and I'm looking for a job!!! But i can't seem to find anything in shops or  bars even though i have handed out a load of cv's!!!! I really need a job, so i can make friends and not be so lonely!!

Any advice?

Thankyou!!!!

:cheers:

allyrose1234 wrote:

Hey!

Im ally, i moved to malta last month form the uk and I'm looking for a job!!! But i can't seem to find anything in shops or  bars even though i have handed out a load of cv's!!!! I really need a job, so i can make friends and not be so lonely!!

Any advice?

Thankyou!!!!

:cheers:

Hey Ally

Well, you are young and keen and if you are anything like my sons' generation then you should be confident, bright and energetic - so really the world is your oyster (Hashtag  #BePositive)..........there that's me trying to be 'hip'.

Seriously, there will be work there for you it's just finding that little break first. I know you are a bit lonely but try to get to one of the regular expat meetings (normally arranged by Rick - the details are at the top of the forum as a sticky). There will be a 'spread' of different age groups there but what you will find is a great depth of inside knowledge and guidance as well (this also goes for your mum).

If you have CV's to burn then try this site:

Keep Me Posted

Loads of Job Agencies here too

Plenty of 'hints and tips' on it.  There you go, two starting points and as I always tell my lads..........the hardest part of a new journey is the first few steps. Go on take them - you'll be fine.

Good Luck

Mike

Edit: to give credit to Mantonas for the reminder in his post about the link to 'job agencies'

Ally, have a look on the internet at as many hotel pages as you can because some advertise employment opportunities.
This one is on Gozo, I know but others may do the same, look for the Careers link.
Good luck!

http://www.kempinski-jobs.com//index.ph … rameid=331

PS. Nice one Mike  :top:

Hello!

Ah thanks so much, i hope you are right! Yeah i know i need to stay positive! hopefully i find a break soon, thank you for ya help, i check out the site you gave me!

Have a nice day!

There are jobs posted on Maltapark. I found a job via that site, didnt take it in the end, was for a iGaming i thought. And there are a lot of iGaming companies that you can try to apply directly through. Google iGaming Malta and you should have some results

Ally, have you tried HSBC callcentre?

No i have not? :)

See here Ally https://www.hsbc.com.mt/1/2/mt/careers

Hi Ally,

Have look jobs at hotels? I don't know what's like in your area but my sister came to live with me about 4 months ago in Mellieha, and the 1st week after she started looking for a job, she actually had the chance to choose to between 2 hotels that wanted to offer her a job. It's probably be a bit far from where you live but the Radisson hotel at Golden Bay where she works now, might be looking for staff. If you don't mind to work as a Care Assistant for an elderly home In Balzan, I can also give you the contact name of a person that might be able to help you.

Best of luck!

Antonio

hey!

Could i have that contact number please? um yes golden bay is a bit far, but thank you so so much for all your help and suggestions!

:)

Not sure if any use but Nine West in the Point at Sliema are advertising and new shop Buttlers in Sliema (opposite Next) are recruiting (Agenda at The Plazza are advertising the role).

allyrose1234 wrote:

hey!

Could i have that contact number please? um yes golden bay is a bit far, but thank you so so much for all your help and suggestions!

:)

Just sent you a PM with the contact details. Best of luck ;)

Hey!

Oh okay I check it out thanks!, what should was it? Is it in the point shopping mall?

No it's helpful, thanks so much! :)

Hey!

Oh okay I check it out thanks!, what should was it? Is it in the point shopping mall?

No it's helpful, thanks so much! :)

Bella vista hotel in qawra have been looking for chamber maids/room attendants :-)

hi ally..did you find any job?

Hello!

And not really yet, maybe might have a bit of babysitting but its hard to organise things with some people!! :)

how can i contact you?

allyrose1234 wrote:

Hello!

And not really yet, maybe might have a bit of babysitting but its hard to organise things with some people!! :)

Hi Ally,

We might need a babysitter for 2 or 3 days a week, very soon. Send me a private message and let me know how much you're asking for, hourly/daily rates.

Cheerio,
Antonio

(moderated: it is not safe to share your personal information on a public forum)