Dependent Visa to Malaysia

Iam an Indian National. I have a PVP (Professional Visit Pass) Visa for 6 months and I have already moved to Kuala Lampur and endorsed my VISA and made it multiple entry. I am trying to get a dependent VISA for my wife, but I am facing problems as the agent is saying that with the new rules, they dont allow Dependent VISA for PVP Visa. Can anyone please confirm this and if that is true, can you please suggest me an alternative so that I can bring my wife here atleast for 3 months.

There is no alternative. Your wife can come on a tourist visa and you may be able to request the Malaysian Embassy in your home country to issue one that is extended for a longer period. That's about the only option. Malaysia is really cracking down hard now on immigration. It's a pity the company chose that type of work permit for you because of the restrictions.

Thanks Gravitas. But do they issue such extended tourist Visa?

For many countries I know about, it is always possible to request an extended social visit pass under certain circumstances. Always worth enquiring and seeing if they will treat the application on a case-by-case basis. I guess people dont often need this facility and if you dont ask you wont get. You have a perfectly valid Pass, and it is always possible to request an exception. But it has to be handled by the High Commission in India. It might help if your company wrote a support letter which your wife could present, together with a copy of your Pass.  You could also make the appeal in Malaysia directly to Putrajaya, but probably better to do so in India. Exceptions are always possible. Its important not to ask to break the new rule and to seek an extended social visit pass and not mention dependents pass.

Thank you Gravitas. Just thought of updating you all. Tried all possible options to get atleast an extended Social Visit Pass, but no luck. With no other option, got my wife here on Tourist Visa and now she is travelling back to India after every 30 days and coming back after staying in India for two weeks. Its really a tough time for both of us and the whole endeavour has become more of a suffering than learning. Hence finally we have decided to move back to India by this month end. And all this started because of the wrong information given from the travel agent that it is possible to get DP for PVP Visa holder. So guys who are moving to Malaysia on PVP, please keep this in mind.

I think the issue is that the rules just changed and only people on employment passes are now are able to have dependents with them.

I am sorry to hear your news because you are probably a genuine case. However, its all the schemers and cheats that spoil it for good people......

All the best.
Thank you so much for your follow-up message. Its people who do things that way who make this blog a really great and accurate resource.