Indian restaurants in Cairo?

Any suggestions? I've got a craving... :)

Well there are two resturants to my knowledge

1. Bukhara its on the Maadi Nile kornich
2. Mahraja ..not too sure but I believe its in helioplis

best one in cairo is maharani in la pacha zamalek but take care from spicy

http://www.lepacha.com/http://lepacha.com/restaurants.php?WEBYEP_DI=9

If you are in the Heliopolis area, then the best Indian meal would be at the Karven Hotel. It is owned by an Indian gentleman.

If you are in Maadi, then there is Bukhara. It's good but I prefer Massala,at the Karven.

Another place that I have heard a great deal about but have never been to myself is Kandahar.

If you are in the Giza area, I hear the Mina House Hotel does a mean curry.

Wow, thanks guys!! I didn't know there were so many. :) I'll start with Maadi and move outwards... that's great!

please try Bukhara  and tell me i want to try it too, i like Indian food very much.

Mariposa_Voice_for_Peace wrote:

Wow, thanks guys!! I didn't know there were so many. :) I'll start with Maadi and move outwards... that's great!

Dr. Hoda,

There is a great one in Maadi,  Bukhara  I was taken there by the Indian manager of the ASSIH. I have been to India and the food was as good as there. 

Hope this helps. Mark

Awesome, thanks Mark! I'll let y'all know how it was!

There is also the one in the Fairmont hotel, very very good one

In my experience the food is either not that good, little variety or crazy high prices. The best one I've found is in zamalek called nawab, good selection, great food and a good price

ExpatEnglishTeacher wrote:

In my experience the food is either not that good, little variety or crazy high prices. The best one I've found is in zamalek called nawab, good selection, great food and a good price

Hi,

Can you please give us the address for " Nawab" in Zamalik.

Cheers,

Nashe

http://www.yellowpages.com.eg/search/bm … earch.html
if you click "map it" it also shows you a map with the location...

frankly... you will not get real authentic indian food in cairo.
but you can try Indira(Holiday Inn) in Citystars. i heard they are serving nice north indian dishes.

I dissagree, Nawab is very 'authentic' but that is the only Indian place I know that I find both the food and the price good. The owner is Indian and the cooks are Indian and the ingredients are Indian. Unlike other places they have good variety and the prices are very reasonable. Indira sucks! The food isn't good and the price is a killer. I ate there once and paid 23 EGP for a bottle of Barakah mineral water! Indira sucks! Nawab is amazing

amarakl wrote:

best one in cairo is maharani in la pacha zamalek but take care from spicy

http://www.lepacha.com/http://lepacha.com/restaurants.php?WEBYEP_DI=9

but take care from spicy!
it's all about spicy :P just kidding

here's a big list that i found (it's in Arabic but you can translate it in English using chrome browser)
:)
click here

Dear Expat English Teacher.
'you will not get real authentic indian food in cairo.' is a fact
and 'you can try Indira(Holiday Inn) in Citystars. i heard they are serving nice north indian dishes' is my openion. and i am not sure in it cause i never try Indira(cause its expensive for me)
I am from India and i work with an indian company located in nasr city. we are 33 indian people are working together since march 2010 and living in near by apartments. we missed alot indian food and searched everywhere in cairo to find one nice place to get indian food( including nawab), but we failed. finally we arranged a kitchen and hired an indian chef from india and he is cooking for us.

nazir wrote:

Dear Expat English Teacher.
'you will not get real authentic indian food in cairo.' is a fact
and 'you can try Indira(Holiday Inn) in Citystars. i heard they are serving nice north indian dishes' is my openion. and i am not sure in it cause i never try Indira(cause its expensive for me)
I am from India and i work with an indian company located in nasr city. we are 33 indian people are working together since march 2010 and living in near by apartments. we missed alot indian food and searched everywhere in cairo to find one nice place to get indian food( including nawab), but we failed. finally we arranged a kitchen and hired an indian chef from india and he is cooking for us.

You didn't like Nawab at all? What may I ask didn't you like about it? I didn't try everything but the dishes I did try were great. Maybe it's been such a long time that anything tastes good. Actually I try to cook some dishes myself they come out pretty good but still not perfect. I'm from Canada and there's a large Indian community there and that's where I learned to cook Indian. But you have your own cook. Wow I wish I could join!

Indian food is not spicy! Only some dishes are spicy people. It depends on the dish and where it's from in India and or slash Pakistan. There are many not-spicy dishes

ExpatEnglishTeacher wrote:

Indian food is not spicy! Only some dishes are spicy people. It depends on the dish and where it's from in India and or slash Pakistan. There are many not-spicy dishes

wow thanx for the info, actually every idian food i tried was spicy like 4 meals or so while i was in Malaysia :)

any of you like to try some Kerala food (South Indian)we can meet one friday and cook together. some of my friends will join with us.

we need help 
m from india
its urgent

sahil27 wrote:

we need help 
m from india
its urgent

??  :unsure:/

Can you please be more specific? Do you have something to add about Indian restaurants in Cairo?

Thanks

Priscilla

Will you send the chef's number?