Home internet provider

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there is any good home internet provider in Bien Hoa ?
Any recommendation ? Thank you

There doesnt seem to be a "good" internet provider anywhere in Vietnam. Most of the service providers provide an average service which is patchy at times. There some who connect via fibre optic cable and these are prolly the best of an average bunch.

Having said all that, the cost isn't too high by comparison with the UK.

Thanks for the reply. By any chance do you know what is the company name or maybe a website for more information? Sorry, I'm not living in Vietnam. I'm just helping out my friend who lives in Bien Hoa. Thank you in advance. Peace = )

Fibre optic feeds are neither automatic nor countrywide.

When we had our fibre installed VNPT wanted a 'contribution' - so we dug a lot of trenches for them. We live in the outskirts of Buon Ma Thuot.

Even in the larger cities, service areas are rarely overlapping. VNPT ADSL essentially serves the whole country - except if you are living in extremely remote areas - through it's digital voice telephone network.

Cable TV companies also provide InterNet service.

Expansion of services is practically at a standstill since VN is switching to HD-TV and many communications providers are being forcibly merged to make them more 'efficient'.

A viable alternative is InterNet through a cell system - 4G now covers most of VN.

As for your friend in Bien Hoa, he is likely stuck between VNPT ADSL or a cable TV service using the dreaded WAN technology (think Rogers Cable service in YYZ. Yuk!).

Hi,

This is the site: http://www.vnpt.vn/Default.aspx?alias=www.vnpt.vn/en

Regards

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.  :D

10ha10ha wrote:

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.  :D

You're welcome!

eodmatt wrote:

There doesnt seem to be a "good" internet provider anywhere in Vietnam. Most of the service providers provide an average service which is patchy at times. There some who connect via fibre optic cable and these are prolly the best of an average bunch.

Having said all that, the cost isn't too high by comparison with the UK.

As most things in VN, you get what you pay for, but I've been impressed with VNPT lately, didn't have a choice of providers before ,  ( after 2 years of being stuffed around, new cables, multiple visits by Techs,etc, etc ), where else can you get reasonably fast unlimited Internet for $7.50 pm?