Checking your spouse's phone!

hi pepole,
in your opinion, is it right to go through your spouse's phone, weather with pemission or not.

in my opinion i think its ok if there is nothing to hide.

share your opinion?

I agree with you 100 percent, but some people here in Brazil sure don't think so.... it is about to become a criminal offense here.

Brazilians are pretty jealous by nature and that sort of thing has led to husbands or wives getting killed. So here I agree with the proposed law, in that it's going to save lives.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Is there a reasonable relationship without trust?

Not a chance in hell. I like all my body parts where they are currently located.

In relationship built on trust why would you want to.

Bob K

Why? Like others already mentioned, if you trust your spouse no need to do this.
Beside this there is something else which I believe is very important: privacy! When mail is addressed to you,  no one else can open it, Its on the same level as the phone/tablet/pc.

not checking becos u don't trust your spouse but have free access to his or her phone.

what is privacy between a couple, if u discuss your daily activities, work, family, emotions, what else is the to hide or protect.if a mail is addressed to ''you'' and you have nothing to hide why cant your spouse read your mail out to you?

And what if I was planning a huge surprise for her and she found out by snooping on my phone or email.   Who does that help??

Bob K

mas fred wrote:

Is there a reasonable relationship without trust?

Define "relationship".

Bob K wrote:

And what if I was planning a huge surprise for her and she found out by snooping on my phone or email.   Who does that help??

If she's that nosey, you could play some amusing tricks on her.

Like I said I like my body parts where there are currently located. Playing tricks could lead to re arrangement. :D

Bob K

chikky3 wrote:

what is privacy between a couple, if u discuss your daily activities, work, family, emotions, what else is the to hide or protect.if a mail is addressed to ''you'' and you have nothing to hide why cant your spouse read your mail out to you?

Are you trying to say that you discuss everything with your partner, including your deeply thoughts, feelings et cetera?
Are you that  honest that you tell everything even you know that will hurt him or make him very angry?

I have some thoughts or feelings that I only know, there is nobody that I want to share with it because its my privacy.

In my own opinion, I don't think there is need for permission to check my partner's phone, in as much we have agreed.

...Then you can make that plans without text message and e-mail and inform the co-planners... several arrangements have been made in this manners.
Thanks.

In my opinion being a husband and wife is like a part of the heart which each of side complete the other
so checking our spouse private belonging in some way we have the free access but I think we had better ask permission before that way we set better example for the kids

This is an interesting discussion for me. I haven't always been a good boy but when I met my wife I was very open about my phone code and let her look through my phone whenever she wanted. I had nothing to hide and so I didn't care at all if she needed some extra reassurance from time to time. Unfortunately, this approach, in my view, needs to be a two way street. She has always been very guarded about her phone and at times she has been a little disingenuous. Consequently, she keeps her pin a secret which is a shame I feel. As a result, I changed my PIN and don't openly share it with her anymore. Silly really, but that's the way it has become.

And so the slow downfall begins.....

Bob K

Shakurismy001 wrote:

In my own opinion, I don't think there is need for permission to check my partner's phone, in as much we have agreed.

If you've agreed then you already have her permission.

Bob K wrote:

And so the slow downfall begins.....

Bob K

Slow is relative.

It's not about hiding something, it's about respect and trust for your spouse. If you feel the need to do this, then there's a problem in the marriage.

I wondering what do you check for?

Its bad, privacy is always there in any relationship. Spouse doesn't mean some exceptional or out of this world  relation.

ujjvalbhatt wrote:

nothing some message which can be funny and some video too , which for relaxation as to forwarder each is not good both Internet DATA use. nothing spying kind of thing. Also I use to download music song & other thing which she check and she like than we share with each other.

If we need to spy on each other than we check mobile without permission

I call this sharing, not checking, if you do this together.

We're talking about spouses who don't have the brains to get a second phone, right?

Yes, a secret second phone  :D

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond. So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold yours.. in my opinion it is wrong coz  I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

hm, all well said, i guess opinion differs.

one man's meat could be another man's poison.

Primadonna wrote:

I wondering what do you check for?

They want to make sure that the people they're cheating on are not talking to each other.

chikky3 wrote:

one man's meat could be another man's poison.

That depends which way he swings.

i think If a relationship has to be a secret, u shouldn't be in it coz it will hunt u forever.but u also shouldn't suspect ur lover or any one.  :/

98%chances of heart break

if u have understanding and belief on ur relationship and u have a strong chemistry with each other   
then there is nothing to hide or there is nothing to search for. so y wasting time in checking mobile make that time more valuable to built a strong relation that ur lover cant hide any thing from u.

Strangely I can't fully agree with almost anyone on this... :blink:
What on earth gives anyone the right to go poking the nose in anything from anyone else??? :mad:
Will you go and check the phone of your friends?
I would not even think about it on my daughter's phone and she is only 10!! :|
If she/he have something to hide in the phone won't you think that there is suspicion about your attitude?
Are you being possessive just for considering it?
In a relationship, being as friends or intimate as a couple, trust and respect for privacy should be golden rules. :up:
Don't come to me with that crap of "I'm jealous because I love you..." People are jealous because they are insecure and don't trust the other person. Maybe they don't believe in the other feelings.. But that is something that each one will have to face and solve.
As advice, do it while you still have a relationship and before is too late.

If at any time the person i would be with dare to ask me the password to unlock my phone would be hell on earth.
Maybe I'm getting too old...  :/

This link tells what trouble you CAN get into!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar … Cloud.html

I never go through anybody's phone................for checking ..............
First of all if I checked her phone means I don't trust her and when I don't trust her then what I am doing with her ..........first thing I should do is to separate from her..............so no question of checking her phone....................

Why the need to go through the phone - a person's face reveals if they have secrets they shouldnt share......

My wife has 4 mobile phones and I would never check any of them. 
I agree with what you have stated Gravitas.

If I ever checked my wife's phone I should make sure I have great medical insurance first :D:D:D

Bob K

You might not like what you find.

Let me to share my experience.. I really trust my husband in previously. I never check his phone... but at upon the time, he give his phone and ask me to read the message from his friend, then accidently I read the message that just come from someone... n omg... i just know that he talk so close to his girl friend.. I just know that he is cheating on me. So, no wonder he is so angry n don't allow me to touch his phone..becaue he hide someting behind me.. 
I agree with we can get free acces to touch spouse's phone. It doesn't mean that i don't trust, but this is a way to respect and honest and build the trust.

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR