Police Record

How can i get a police record from back in the state?  Can i get it at the US Embassy here in HCMC?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

You can get one from your home city or county in the states. It will just say that you have no outstanding issues with the police there. They will stamp it and your good. Vietnamese like to see the "official" stamp or anything that looks like an official stamp.
I have a friend who bought an ink stamp at a local shop, just says "State of Texas" and has a big star in the middle. He says he has used it several time with no questions asked...lol

It is a State record with your profile as recorded by the FBI trash can.

After you bring it to VN, and if it is for government use, you have to get it certified by the US Consulate, then translated by the Official Notary Public opposite the Diamond Plaza near the Main Post Office.

DOCUMENT 1: A Criminal Check Record issued by appropriate foreign authorities in the locality where the foreigners resided before moving to Viet Nam. In case where the foreigners have resided in Vietnam for over six months, they should only submit the Form of criminal record issued by the Department of Justice in the locality where they are living.

All we had to furnish was a signed letter from our local police dept in the US ( mine was Rockport, Texas) It simply stated that I had no criminal record or outstanding warrants.

I've read people saying either local city or county, FBI, or state is required (like this guy:  http://saigonalive.blogspot.com/2010/09 … leave.html ).

I got mine from state of California Department of Justice, which has a nice big gold foil stamp on it.  I'm hoping/betting the gold foil impresses whoever might look at it in Vietnam.  :lol:

Thanks for your answers :)