Few Q about salary and accommodation

Hi to all!

Very soon I will be new and totally green in Jeddah.

Can someone help me with some information.

What is the salary of a teacher in Jeddah?
How much is accommodation for two-member family in the compound?

I will come from Europe and I need to know this information, because my employer sent me some package and I want to check. 

Thanks a lot guys!

salaries are by qualifications and nationality. Therefore, you didn't exactly provide us with a enough enough to be able to answer your questions.

one thing is for sure, compounds cost a lot unless provided via your employer

Hm.. Ok

I have bachelor`s degree, and I coming from Serbia (South Europe)

I have offer for Housing Allowance      2,263 (or company allowance)
and for Transportation Allowance     1,358 

I think that could not cover my house expenses.
What is the average salary of lecturers with bachelor degree?

monthly housing 2263 is that SAR? or dollars??? you have to be specific. if its SAR it's low because here they want you to pay upfront for at least 6months. If they offer you accommodation you should just stay there until you settle in. 

i would be surprised if you got 10,000 SAR .. the entry level with bachelor for an American ranges anywhere from 11,500 SAr to 14,000 to my knowledge.

Yes, 2263 SAR....

Ok, this is only for a first 3 months. Thanks, now I have a better look on this job position.
So, you think that I have a fully right to require higher basic and higher bonuses after 3 months.
Something like basic - 14.000 SAR and for home allowance - 5.000 SAR?

they will not give you 14,000 unless you HAVE a lot of experience teaching, and even then because you're not american, brit... you may not see it, period.  and I've never heard of salary raises 3 months into the contract, the salaries are raised when they renew the contract.

trapezius discusses compounds/flats prices in jeddah in this post - https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 61#2169491

they will not give you 14,000 unless you HAVE a lot of experience teaching, and even then because you're not american, brit... you may not see it, period.  and I've never heard of salary raises 3 months into the contract, the salaries are raised when they renew the contract.

trapezius discusses compounds/flats prices in jeddah in this post - https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 61#2169491

Ok m8!

Thanks to a friend

You've really helped a lot!

when I come to Jeddah, I'll take you out to dinner!
Is it possible to find a beer in Jeddah? :)

no, alcohol is forbidden in saudi arabia and i dont' drink anyway since i'm muslim!

all the best

Easyshave wrote:

Ok m8!

Thanks to a friend

You've really helped a lot!

when I come to Jeddah, I'll take you out to dinner!
Is it possible to find a beer in Jeddah? :)

Well, there's always that good 'ol non-alcoholic beers here in KSA! bottoms up!  :idontagree:

Yeah the non-alcoholic malts taste yucky for me, I need something flavored