New in town - looking for job in good winery around Auckland

Hello,

I'm French, 30yo, freshly arrived in NZ. I stay in Wellington for now.

I'm looking for a job in a  good winery around Auckland in order to improve my skills in this area (cellar hand position).

I will look for accommodation after that, any good websites recommended ?

Thank you !

Hi john tamarabian,

welcome to Expat.com!

Your topic is now on the New Zealand English speaking forum.

You might have a look at this guide > work in New Zealand

Looking for job,am a registered nurse with New Zealand Nursing council plus valid practicing certificate,my resident visa application just approve in principle,I really wish to secure employment with my present status before living my country,i have being making many attempts by applying to many vacancy through kiwi health jobs and district health board career site without success can any body pls connect me with prospective employer.   
Thanks

Hi! The company I work for here in US is opening up for business in New Zealand as of November 1st. We are having a series of launch events throughout the country next week, I think you may be interested in taking a look at what we have to offer. I am an international recruiter/health and wellness coach and love helping others change their lives both physically and financially! Events and locations: Brisbane Oct. 29th, Melbourne Oct. 30th, Sydney Oct. 31st, Auckland Nov. 1st, Wellington Nov 4th. Contact me if you're interested in know more!
frobella88@gmail or message me via FB Fruzsina Szemzo-Lorant
Best, Fruzsina

Your best bet is to make a list of the wineries you want to approach, then give them a call and speak to the right person. Follow up the call with further information even if they don't have work right now. Many jobs in New Zealand are not advertised - they're opportunistic or given to people who know people. If they know who you are, then you'll be first on the list because they won't want to go through the hassle of recruitment if there's already a keen candidate available.

Hello. I am coming to NZ at the end of january or first week of February. I don't have friends or reltive there. Thats why I am worried little bit.Could you please help me to get any accommodation and job there? I am coming in NZ as a student. Please let me know if you can.  My email id [email protected]

Hoque26 wrote:

Hello. I am coming to NZ at the end of january or first week of February. I don't have friends or reltive there. Thats why I am worried little bit.Could you please help me to get any accommodation and job there? I am coming in NZ as a student. Please let me know if you can.  My email id [email protected]

If you are coming on a student visa then you can only work part time 20 hours a week. 

Where are you intending to live in NZ. Rental costs are high in Auckland.

I would check with the university you are going to and ask them for guidance about accommodation.

Otherwise Google "student accommodation NZ" and see what comes up.