Finding a job in vietnam

Hey guys and girls,

I am currently trying to find a job in Vietnam as I am looking to move there next year. I currently work in the oil and gas industry in Australia and have scoured the net trying to find oil and gas jobs in Vietnam. Would anyone have any hints or tips or know of any work going.

Cheers
Liam

lbirt23 wrote:

Hey guys and girls,

I am currently trying to find a job in Vietnam as I am looking to move there next year. I currently work in the oil and gas industry in Australia and have scoured the net trying to find oil and gas jobs in Vietnam. Would anyone have any hints or tips or know of any work going.

Cheers
Liam

Google is your friend.  http://www.mbendi.com/a_sndmsg/org_srch … of_Vietnam

etc

hope this helps

Thanks heaps mate

no worries. i tried to post this link as well but see it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:O … of_Vietnam

it depends on what kind of job you want too

I am currently employed as a Field Service Technician running premium thread pipe and casing for gas production. I would be looking to get in to a similar role if possible.

lbirt23 wrote:

I am currently employed as a Field Service Technician running premium thread pipe and casing for gas production. I would be looking to get in to a similar role if possible.

OK have a look at: https://www.vpbs.com.vn/Handlers/Downlo … ortID=1968 its a pdf doc which will give you a good background to the O&G industry here. Then maybe research which foreign companies are currently operating here. GazProm the Russian company is quite big here now.

Thank you so much for your help. I am really keen to move over there. I have several friends who have made the move and love it over there. I have spent a fair bit of time in Saigon.

lbirt23 wrote:

Thank you so much for your help. I am really keen to move over there. I have several friends who have made the move and love it over there. I have spent a fair bit of time in Saigon.

Its a good place to be! I've been involved in two seismic surveys and a gas pipeline construction project and thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Yeah nice. Do you have any contacts in the industry?

Hi. There is someone working in the same field. I will search his name and give you in private. I have been told that he is a good man.

Regards

ok thank you

lbirt23 wrote:

Yeah nice. Do you have any contacts in the industry?

I do but my job is completely planets away from yours and you will be better (as I am) looking for employment with foreign contractors or sub contractors, unless you can convince the clients that you have value in  QC role - applying QC procedures on their behalf over contractors and sub contractors. But the foreign contractors and sub contractors are your best bet.

One of our member "Vung Tau Don" is working in the Gulf ( I think Oman) not in Vietnam but he settled here with family in Vung Tau  :)  I don't think he recommend you work here  :)  If salary is not a problem, then you can try some companies like "Petrolimex". You can post a free ad in the "Jobs" section of this site.
https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/viet … ement.html

I am currently working off the coast of Congo.
The best place to look online for oilfield jobs (and all news related to the oilfield) is rigzone dot com
Other than that PV Drilling has a sort of monopoly on drilling services in Vietnam and you can visit their website and possibly apply directly with them.
The problem is that Vietnam has a lot of qualified people to work in the oil sector now and it is getting harder for expats to find work in areas that are not highly skilled or specialized.

HI,
Y can find some websites for job on internet. I can check some websites of recruiter as: vietnamwork.com, vieclambank.com ..., jobstreet.com .... or u type keyword on google tool. There are a lot of job for you. if u need more information you can contact me by Yahoo: [email protected]. Good luck to you. I either need a foreigner to practise English. We can be friend together

Congrats for your new posting!  :)
"Justice – Peace – Work"
Bring some diamonds for me next time  :)

VungTauDon wrote:

I am currently working off the coast of Congo.

vietnamworks.com/ is the largest info recruitment

Hi
I have been living in VN for the last 12 years.
I am Australian HCMC is my home base.
I also work in the Oil & Gas fields as a HSE Advisor your best bet is find a foreign company that has a project in VN.

You will have NIL chance of finding work through a Vietnamese company here in VN.
The VN Engineers and Oil field works are very highly qualified and have degrees etc and are paid what we earn in a day in OZ they would receive in a month.
So do yourself a favor and find work outside of VN or become a English teach.

Best to find work before coming to VN
Apply for jobs online (job boards, body hire company's in Singapore etc
I work outside of VN and use VN as a Home base for R&R.
I have a family here in VN and my son goes to a International school which cost 20K PA he is in grade 5 get more expensive as he gets older.

Hope this is of help.

Thank you for your message. I am currently trying to find work outside of VN and to use it as my home base. My mate did this and works for Weatherford. I am hoping to do the same