Relocation

Moving from the USA to Abqaiq.

1- What is the best way to forward our 'snail' mail ?
2- Which airlines do you prefer US to Dammam ?
3- Best way to send a shipment (70 kg) no furniture or appliances (only clothes and personal items) .
Thank you
Ida

Congratulations !
Saudi Aramco is a great company and you will like your experience in Abqaiq. I went to grade school there, 1st to 9th grade. After which I moved to the states for 8 years.  Its a very laid back and relaxed life.  As for the answers to your questions.

1- If you will be living within the Aramco compound you will receive a PostBox number that will be outside your house. If the accommodation is provided outside then you will have to register at the 'Saudi Post' (the HR department shall do that for you). With a smaller fees for a service called 'Wasel' the Saudi Post will deliver the mail to you.

2- This would be on your preference. There are direct flights such as Saudi Airlines (14hour haul) or other European flights that have a lay over for couple of hours. I personally could not take the 14hour flight. I flew KLM all those years, this would have a 2-3hour lay over in Amsterdam, this way can stretch your legs and reach better connections in the US. Such as NY, DC, Chicago, Minneapolis.

3- Most airlines will let you carry 35kgs per head. So you could adjust the luggage accordingly while you travel. Or else you can USmail services or DHL, etc. to an address provided by your HR.

Hope this helps you in some way or other.

Warm Regards,

Thank you Khobar.

We appreciate your help you provided us with your reply.

Warm Regards,

Ida

Your welcome !!   Small world !! I see that your from Kansas city
I attended KU   Go Jayhawks !