Hello everyone.

New member from Canada here.  I am considering moving to the Taif area.  I find this site very informative so I'd like to thank you for posting useful information!

Cheers!

EJ

Hello Canckian.

No Tim Hortons in Taif to get you up and running with your double double....make sure u know lots of info aboot Taif before going

Welcome to KSA, We are here to help each other.

Hi Kholoud.a and hamudi.  Thanks for replying!  From what little i read, Taif sounds rather nice!  The big Saudi cities look a little too crazy for a small town Canadian...

griffondude wrote:

Hi Kholoud.a and hamudi.  Thanks for replying!  From what little i read, Taif sounds rather nice!  The big Saudi cities look a little too crazy for a small town Canadian...

Weather is absolutely fantastic over there, you can spend weekends in Jeddah its an hour + away.

I'm sure others can chime in...I don't know much about Taif except they have a correctional facility for mental people

Hi EJ, welcome to KSA. i go to Taif almost every month and talking about the weather it was hot this summer.
Al Shafa , Al Hada, souk Hijaz, Taif summer festival are must see tourist attractions.
Cable car is located beside Ramada hotel in Al Hada region and it will drop you near the water park.
Taif is a small tourist city, most of the locals are helpful but mostly don't speak English. Have fun and enjoy your stay.

hamudi wrote:
griffondude wrote:

Weather is absolutely fantastic over there, you can spend weekends in Jeddah its an hour + away.

I'm sure others can chime in...I don't know much about Taif except they have a correctional facility for mental people

Some needs a SHRINK some just need a DRINK  :whistle:

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Everytime I read a new post, I'm a little bit less scared!  I do enjoy a drink, but I think after a few weeks without any, I'll probably almost forget about it, especially if work is busy and if i can find outdoorsy friends to hang out with.!

griffondude wrote:

Haha, It's not so bad though. I too, am from a small Canadian city, and life in Jeddah is fair, to be honest :)

Hi there, did you move to Taif? I have been in Jeddah for last 2 years and it's been good. I am planning to visit Al Hada and Taif area in October 2016 for a couple of days. Any recommendations from you? Thanks.