About Safety - Night Life - Cost of living - Is $670 enough?

Hi ,

i m Deva from India , i got offer from a Indian Conglomerates for lagos,  could any help for cost of living here  on 670US$ is okay  for Bachelor Accomodattion.

Secondary about safety & Night Life , should i take  any vaccine for moving  lagos

Hello,

Nigeria is safe and not as been blow out in the foreign media. You don't need vaccine except you have other diseases. No Ebola in Nigeria again. Also Lagos where I reside is the safest of all in Nigeria. But let you migration to Nigeria be Legal. There are a lot of Indians in Nigeria living very fine and safe here.

Hello DevaB and welcome to Expat.com  :P

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Lagos forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

thanks Nattyo for help :)

On the contrary, I would strongly advise the following:
1. You must have your Yellow Fever Vaccination done - this you can do at a WHO/India government approved centre in India. Do a Google search and you will find it.
2. You must have your polio vaccination done - this is now mandatory by the government of India. This is usually done at the Maternity Hospitals run by the corporation/muncipality in your city
3. I would advise the following in addition:
a. Tetanus
b. Hepatitis B - it is a course of three shots over two months
c. Meningitis  - the meningococcal vaccine
d. I have undertaken a course of anti rabies as well - that is again over 2 months. This is not essential.
e. You must bring some anti malarial tablets; that is advisable.
f. Plus all your regular medication, if you are taking any. If not prepare a good emergency medical kit for fever, stomach upsets, muscular pain (Mobizox/Powergesic/Diclofenac) etc. some antiseptic lotion, bandages, water proof bandages, et al. It is not as though you will not get any in Nigeria/Lagos - just that these are emergency medications and you will do well to have a decent stock of these at hand. Medicines in Nigeria are very expensive.
g. Please handle ALL your dental and optical work in India before you come here. A root canal is very expensive - almost 80K Naira that is around 30K INR; whereas in India the best of dentists will charge you Rs. 2000/- (except the ones in Delhi or Mumbai). So visit the dentist in India plus your optician/ophthalmologist; get spare spectacles made...etc. etc.

All the best.
Achuthan

Thannks achutan, for your supportive blogs.hope we can meet at lagos