Question for only one who have long time experience on Dubai?

Hi every one

I am confused about some of the codes here in Dubai

I am arab woman from one of the gulf countries, and new student here

I was thinking if its OK, in Dubai, if I can hang out(NOT DATING) with one of my east asian male non-muslim student classmate in shopping mall, or metro etc...???

do the police notice, or may be emarati/muslim  people? especialy in metro, where there is a police?

I don't think they do, but I hear if some random people complain to police, their will be problem?

again, its NOT DATING...its just like brother and sister

Thanks...waiting your answers

:o
I cannot comment, as i have no idea, sounds scary though...  :P

mujahid5034 wrote:

what do you mean by scary?

abdullah bin anwar wrote:

Its okay there wont be any problems no will ask you
Just they guys will give wierd looks but who cares about them enjoy your time the police is cool in dubai they don't interfear in your friendship even id you were dating they wont say anything

thanks for your answer

who will give weird looks? emarati people or police?

what little scared me...is I am from saudi arabia...but I think so, its ok

Dubai is a free plce I mean there are no restrictions on bieng with some one non muslim on a public place as u said that you are an Arab and police here in dubai are cool they will not bother you until you are doing something against the law. Moreover you can always go for a help if you are teased by someone in public for bieng with a non Muslim and I'm sure that police will definitely will be on your side.

As far as you show decency in public, no one is going to bother you. You can meet, greet, dine, shop or even date but in a decent manner. No one will bother you.
cheers and have fun ;-)

abdullah bin anwar wrote:

Yes its okay the emarati guy not the police don't worry about the police
The guys will give you looks like (hey why is this girl with this guy and not with someone like me) so basically you dont have to worry about anything go out enjoy have fun no will do anything to you

Thanks very much...good answer

I understand what you mean :)

King of Kingdom wrote:

Dubai is a free plce I mean there are no restrictions on bieng with some one non muslim on a public place as u said that you are an Arab and police here in dubai are cool they will not bother you until you are doing something against the law. Moreover you can always go for a help if you are teased by someone in public for bieng with a non Muslim and I'm sure that police will definitely will be on your side.

Thanks for the information

Police here seems really nice :)

Zain200000 wrote:

As far as you show decency in public, no one is going to bother you. You can meet, greet, dine, shop or even date but in a decent manner. No one will bother you.
cheers and have fun ;-)

Thanks for answer

I appreciate guys here your warm help....its make me feel safe

Thanks all

lotus Star Light wrote:
mujahid5034 wrote:

not to mention Dubai marina at all. very dangerous place :D

cutesnifer wrote:
lotus Star Light wrote:
mujahid5034 wrote:

not to mention Dubai marina at all. very dangerous place :D

dangerous place? why?

lotus Star Light wrote:

What are you scared about? you being from Saudi Arabia or he being non-Muslim?

Ehtesham wrote:
lotus Star Light wrote:

What are you scared about? you being from Saudi Arabia or he being non-Muslim?

Being Non-muslim is Ok..but I mean being Saudi arabian may do some problem...but I don't think so

Hello

It is a safe place here, and everyone is free to do what he wants since he is respecting others.
Just do whatever you want to do, no matter if someone gives a weired look don't pay attention.
If we keep caring about what others think we would have spent the whole time home behind our laptops.

Enjoy!

the most important thing is to be clear and honest with yourself and especially with Allah soubhanahou wa taala.

If so don't let anything bother you.

Enjoy your life and have fun :-).

lotus Star Light wrote:

Hi every one

I am confused about some of the codes here in Dubai

I am arab woman from one of the gulf countries, and new student here

I was thinking if its OK, in Dubai, if I can hang out(NOT DATING) with one of my east asian male non-muslim student classmate in shopping mall, or metro etc...???

do the police notice, or may be emarati/muslim  people? especialy in metro, where there is a police?

I don't think they do, but I hear if some random people complain to police, their will be problem?

again, its NOT DATING...its just like brother and sister

Thanks...waiting your answers

Hey there :)

Keep calm and enjoy !
It's not Saudi Arabia where you have Religious police and stuff !

Dubai is a free city , but still there are limits , but hanging out with a guy is okay , no problem in that !

The police doesn't mind with whomever you wanna hang out with :P

Asalam alaykum sister, your question is quite good to ask , first you need to ask your innerself if Allah will be happy while you are hanging out " not Dating " with your classmate, the non -muslim, is this hanging out will be benifit for you and for your classmate , like your are studing or sharing knowledge, are you introducing him to Islam.
police or Emarati muslim ppl, or all over ppl around you will notes ofcourse but they will not point you untill you do something wrong ,,,thats it ....the important is Allah .  think about it , sister.
take care.