Is there a safe place to practice riding a motorcycle in Q.7 hcm?

I'm new to riding even with the bicycle (it's a childhood-psych thing).
If you know a place near and safe no popo and no pile of guys watching me like a circus clown let me know.
If there's a driving school that operates after office hours I might do that but I'm not planning to rent the whole place, need to know their rates.
I hope I can join an expatblog-joyride soon :D and live to brag  :P

Near Crescent Mall. Behind the Parkson's store.

There are a maze of new roads awaiting building development - minimal traffic. There is a Vinataxi roadside sleeping area there (HOANG VAN THAI @ DUONG C). They will add some reality to your practice as they drive around ignoring road safety!

Go to NGUYEN VAN LINH @ NGUYEN LUONG BAN then along NGUYEN LUONG BAN to Parkson's and turn LEFT. One advantage here in VietNam is that when you practice you look identical to the average VN (bad) driver.

I managed to score today, the idiot ran a red light and struck my front 'spike' and fell over. Then he expected my to help him up! But his red streaked pants looked good.

Use DIADIEM.COM for free detailed maps.

My xe-om actually take that route from time to time, he always change route, maybe a little bored taking same route every day. I tried to talk to him one time but the only thing he says is “no” “ok” “go” “bye” and I assume same words he understands from me. Anyway tried a little run near that place with my buddy at My Van and a security guard in a bicycle came near us it seems he want to say something but I think he heard  us talking in English so he didn't bother he went back. But the fear of him calling a police makes us pack and leave that area.
Yeah, at intersections I call it “the merge” when people from the stopping lane beats and the turning L/R lane try to go early and the greens going straight tries to avoid them and all traffic seems to momentarily stop in the middle. One time I was caught with a side mirror it's a girl so it's a let go; anyway she did without a word or even an eye contact telling “oops!” or sorry. From what I've observed they are very behave when the cops in brown is lurking around, it's funny how riders sneak past or turn back on a one way street when they see the cops. My xe-om sticks his head forward while riding trying to look for the cops before he cross a red light. I like their skills (physiological) it's their decision making and general judgment that sucks –not everyone of course.
I guess you should takeoff 3 secs after green, you will be behind the pack but it's safe, I think… :p
Take care,