Blood pressure medication

some time ago some one posted the address (web) for medicine suppliers in Saigon, I have searched the forum but can not find the thread, can any one remember it  ( the thread) . What i am looking for is prices of Coversyl, the generic names are Perindopril or Indapamide, Thanks all

Dear,

Perindopril Arginine 5mg    Coversyl Plus 5/1.25mg Tab H/30s  30 tablets/box    6,500đ/tablet

Perindopril Arginine 5mg    Coversyl Tab 5mg 30S     30tablets/bottle    5,183đ/tablet

You cant buy those medicines online cos it must have indication from the doctor.

http://www.muathuoc.vn/Thuoc-tim-mach-H … tml?page=2

Regards

Dejavu.dot wrote:

You cant buy those medicines online cos it must have indication from the doctor.

They can be bought OTC (Over The Counter) here in HCM - no prescription.

Where is OTC Jaitch?

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Where is OTC Jaitch?

Read the three words in the bracket - as in taking from self-service shelves (no pharmacist needed).

thanks Dejavu and Jaitch, Jaitch, is that Big C and lotteria? which have coversyl ?,abreviations can be so confusing some times, remember the dose I got for PDA's  :dumbom:

I have found an OTC source (no prescription) for you.

First an explanation. Approved drugs for dispensing through VN government pharmacies are listed in a national formulary. The VN government buys these drugs at large discounts.

The dispensers - pharmacists, hospitals, etc. -  use these approved drugs and make a 'do it yourself' kit for patients comprising many pills to be taken on each occasion.

This mix equates to a Western name brand drug.

Other pharmacists supplement the discount drugs with name brand Western drugs which are imported directly from distributors overseas. They are legal but not subsidised.

Your three drug requirements are available from:
Nha Thuoc Thanh Giang
159 Tran Quong Wrai ****
Quan 1, HCM (near Hai Ba Trung @ Vo To Sau)

Nha Thuoc Thanh Giang
1051 Huynh Tan Phat (near Phu Thuan intersection)
Quan 7, HCM

Tel: 0916-773-003  //  0938-543-939
Hours 16.00-21.00H

Call first and confirm spelling of first address Their writing was worse than mine.

Also confirm what you need and how many as well as the price.

They can supply many drug types BUT if they think a customer is an abuser, they will refuse service.

Thanks Jaitch, in  Australia we have an expression, your blood is worth bottling, basically thank you very much, where do you get all this info from ????

MarkinNam wrote:

Thanks Jaitch, in  Australia we have an expression, your blood is worth bottling, basically thank you very much, where do you get all this info from ?

I have lived here decades and I adsorb information and tuck away it in a corporate database.

For a period of time, some years ago, I was involved in location scouting/description and you get in a habit of noting things. So easy these days with voice dictation. There are a couple of well known titles that copied my scene descriptions almost word for word - which they are allowed to do - but illustrates how people can write travel books without actually going there!

In your case, I had to verify a source and see if they would sell to a 'stranger'.

Sorry about the first address, it was an unclear voice response, which is why I like SMS.