Picking up and dropping off a female co worker when going to and work

Hi, i am very curious and wanted to be enlightened. Is it allowed in Al khobar to pick up a female co-worker by car when going to work in a hospital and also, dropping her off after work. I was told by a friend that it is ok. I am confused because i have read that it is not possible. Please help me in this matter. Thank you.

It's illegal, except taxi driver No one allowed to pick or drop any single man/women either they have evidence to prove they are close relative or both are working under same sponsorship....

But I know many person who are doing so...

Unless the one picking you up (from and to) to your work is your company driver...and not just a designated driver but the driver by profession as stated in his iqama and under same company sponsor, then its ok...but if not, it's not allowed...

I suggest you ask also your admin officer or HR manager for they know much better on these issues....

It is illegal by the law, but so is satellite television.

However, from my experience the implementation is pretty weak as I have picked and dropped a co worker of mine numerous times, without a problem. We have been checked by the police (on police check points), but there has never been a problem.

The implementation is pretty weak.

Regards,
R

Hello Chammy,

When you have mentioned 'co-worker' , that automatically implies 'same sponsor', therefore you are operating well with in the allowed boundaries. ( I did not use the terminology of 'legal'), and there is nothing to worry about.

Situation will change if one is caught holding hands in a car parked on a deserted spot in the dark hours of the evening in that corner of corniche, proving that you are co-workers will not help either.   :heart:

riaz, just because they are co-workers does not make it legal.

You can't be with a woman in public who is marriageable to you, and this includes first cousins.  So, the only exemptions are mother, grandmother, aunt, niece, daughter, granddaughter, sister, etc.  The flip-side exemptions are taxi drivers and designated company drivers, as they can have women in their cars.

Those are the laws here, and if you are caught, the penalties can range from nothing to deportation, depending on your nationalities, company you work for, your positions, and what strings your employer can pull.

Having said that, if you are driving around in a car with a properly covered female of similar age in the passenger seat, the default assumption by everybody is that she is your wife.  No one is going to stop you to ask you to prove you are married.  Only way you could get into trouble is at security checkpoints if they check your IDs (iqamas) and then get curious and ask questions.