Abroad life will never become easy if you try to make it easy

Living outside home \family /friends / will not be easy even if you try to have new friends u will not get them easy , outside home is money language , you have life but no soul of life

I think a lot of people on an expat site are going to disagree with you on this one.

I would tend to disagree wit the OP on this matter.
My new country is my home; England used to be my home.

The OP seems to have chosen the wrong place to live, and for the sake of his happiness he should move to somewhere else a.s.a.p. Hailey and Fred and I know how easy it is to live "abroad"!

I tend to agree with you guys.  Living outside your native country can be pretty easy.  Think of it as an adventure with new people, experiences, food, customs and ADAPT.  it is not your home country but now your home :D

For us it was pretty easy, we miss less and less from our "home" country every day. Have been in our new "home" for going on 9 years now.   It however is not for everyone and if you are not happy in your new "home" maybe you made a mistake and should look at moving on to somewhere that "fits" better

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

For us it was pretty easy, we miss less and less from our "home" country every day.

I think the people who can't handle it never get over the fact that they can't find the same soup and cookies that they ate back home.  The rest of us might miss luxuries like Reese's peanut butter cups from time to time, but we move on.

Funny my wife still complains about missing those. :)  Must be a girl thing

Bob K

To put it in simple terms, you adapt or go home. :top:

What mas fred said. Holland used to be home, now Puerto Rico is home. When I visit  Holland I want to go back home to PR after around 10 days.

Wow it take 10 days to want to go home to PR. When I leave the DR  to visit family and friends in the US I am wanting to go home to the DR when we land in the US

Bob K

I don't see myself ever returning to England, well, unless that bunch of sheep farmers kidnap me and drag me back, kicking and screaming.
Should things in Indonesia become too hot for expats because of the silly political situation, Malaysia would be high on my list of places to wander to; England would be at the bottom.

Bob K wrote:

Wow it take 10 days to want to go home to PR. When I leave the DR  to visit family and friends in the US I am wanting to go home to the DR when we land in the US

Bob K

I know a grand total of zip all about the Dominican Republic; don't suppose you'd start a thread about life there, please....pretty please.

In fact, it would be something handy for every country's forum.
A take on real life through expats' eyes would be really interesting.

Bob K wrote:

You should stay home and not go back to the USA, dear neighbor. :)

As for me, spending a couple of days in Amsterdam isn't too bad. The hassle to get there (flight time, jet lag etc.) keep me from doing it a lot. I go once every two, three years.

Bob K wrote:

Funny my wife still complains about missing those. :)  Must be a girl thing

I looked everywhere for Reese's peanut butter cups when I first moved here.  Then I moved on.  I actually haven't thought about them in ages, until something recently reminded me.

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR