Pension

I will be moving to Malta in October this year and I am 54 years old I have worked all my life and hope to carry on working while I live in Malta I have checked and I have a fully paid up government pension what will happen to that would I lose it or will I be able to claim it even if I am living in Malta.

As things are at the moment when you become entitled you will receive it. This website will inform you. Don't forget to inform them.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-if-you … w-to-claim

PS. It may be liable for tax in the UK and if you have it sent to Malta you will have to declare it on your tax return here.
Registration for tax is part of the Eresidence process and is a requirement.
See here also for more information. I urge you to read it all.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

thank you for your help.

where does it say in the application that you must be registered for tax?

i see it mentioned as a requirement among the docs reqd for self employed but dont see it anywhere else or am i missing something

OK, maybe misleading in the way I wrote it (can't edit it) but you know as well as anyone that it is a legal requirement for anyone ordinarily resident here to register for tax purposes.
Individuals who are ordinarily resident, but not domiciled in Malta, are subject to income tax on income arising in Malta, on income arising outside Malta but received in Malta and on capital gains arising in Malta. No tax is chargeable on capital gains which arise overseas but which are remitted to Malta.
Individuals staying in Malta for some temporary purpose with no intention of establishing their residence here, and who have not resided in Malta for a period of more than 183 days in a calendar year shall not be taxed in Malta on their foreign income and gains, whether these are remitted to Malta or otherwise. They are liable to tax in Malta solely on Maltese sourced income and capital gains.

To me it's all part and parcel of the process of becoming (legally)  resident here.

yes  i think so  - but its not part of the e-residence process except for the self employed...

thats what i was getting at

am not condoning not doing so just getting to the fact it is not part of the process.