MOST SIMPLE WAY TO MARRY IN philipinnes ???

Hi could anyone married in the Philipinnes please let me know the easiest , legal , and economical way to marry in the Philipinnes . ( in Mindanao area) thank you

hi
if u r from the philipines u should no the laws there better than us here
helpall

simplest way? don't do it.. there is no divorce here.. your gf will love you if you marry her or not. if the reason you want to get married is because you want to own a home, have a child with ur gf and put the home under the childs name

tommieboy999 wrote:

simplest way? don't do it.. there is no divorce here.. your gf will love you if you marry her or not. if the reason you want to get married is because you want to own a home, have a child with ur gf and put the home under the childs name

if getting married -shouldnt need to think of divorce   ,what part of mindanao

BUTUAN MINDANAO , NO I am not thinking divorce , but if she  died , I would not have any legal right to our purchases of property . we have been together almost one year , however we want to buy a property now .we are both not teenagers. I don't want to marry a woman because of the Ridiculous FILIPINO constitution !( not very Romantic!!!!!)  it was suggested to have her create a living trust and put the property in this trust , and giving a Power of Attorney to me to handle the property ! I just want some control if something unfortunate did happen . we both really are good together , and are in no desperate hurry to Marry , However the property we have seen fits well with both of us ... Its a shame that one has to consider , Marriage to have any rights. Property wise !

no one wants to ever get divorced, but this is real life.. shit happens as they say.. don't spend more money than you can stand to lose.. in almost every case, the property will never be yours if your an expat.. even if its I writing, you will need to go through a long legal battle to get it back.  goodluck

wrong some  foreigners can divorce, Americans  for  sure if  they divorce in the  USA or one  of  the  countries under US rule  such as  Guam, matter of  fact their  are  lawyers in Guam they  specialize in Philippine divorce, you start the  paper work in the  Philippines than when ready you go to Guam for  7 days  at the  end  of that  time  you are  divorced, this  cost around $1500, you can also go back to the  Philippines and marry again, this  issue  has  been thru the  Philippine  supreme court and  they ruled if  the  Foreigner is  divorced in his own country it  is  legal in the  Philippines, his  x wife  can also remarry but  she  must  go to the  court and  show proof of the  divorce, i don't know  about  other foreigners http://jlp-law.com/blog/judicial-recogn … ce-decree/

We have a number of business here in PI including Philippine investment Consultants, Visa Services International, Philippine Visa service and  international Australian Visa Service .. We get lots of enquiries about divorces.. No divorces here, only annulments and pretty much any marriage can be annulled depending on the cost and timeframe. Okieboy is right and external divorces are legal and i would think the easiest and definitely the fastest way to become unattached. And yes the woman can then register the divorce through the court here and get remarried. Property purchase there are a number of ways to protect yourself. Contact me if you want more professional advice or better way to set it up.

Probably the easy way and cheap way to marry is in a small town on wedding day.  You get the paper work and show up. The preist does a group wedding and sign's the papers. You turn them back in and have supper at a fast food. All done for the day.  As for property?  Well I would advise a trust fund.

You seemed to get much advise about whether or not you should marry in the Philippines.  That is beyond the scope of your question. I will assume that you are a mature adult and capable of making an adult decision.   I was married by a judge followed by a simple reception at the same location with family and friends. It was simple, dignified and inexpensive.  Both of you must prove your eligibility to marry, way simple.  Invest in your marriage, not in your wedding.

let the judge solemnize ur marriage

hello
how much is land in mindano where you want buy?

My wife and I bought a property here. I was told if she preceded me, the property would revert to me. make sure the deed says "HERE NAME- married to YOUR NAME". Anyway, you should not try to get such important information on a blog. Cough up some peso's and get a lawyer.

We found a judge who was a family relative and with about 4 witnesses we went to his house and faced him over his desk to ask for the licence. All friendly and straightforward, no choir boys of religious ceremony. A Christmas tree was up in the marble floored lounge and a polished grand piano stood close by.

One amusing part was the question .."Why did you divorce your wife?"

My answer was something to the effect that we stopped loving each other but the the question certainly caught me off guard!

The paperwork signed and the cost some years ago now was about 1500 pesos. Funny enough the place of marriage is stated as " Municipal Trial court"  haha..

giovannigio wrote:

hello
how much is land in mindano where you want buy?

depending on the location. it would be best if you can go to the bir and ask for the zonal value in the location where you found a good spot for hyour property. TY>

Munchie wrote:

My wife and I bought a property here. I was told if she preceded me, the property would revert to me. make sure the deed says "HERE NAME- married to YOUR NAME". Anyway, you should not try to get such important information on a blog. Cough up some peso's and get a lawyer.

that is correct. did too to one of my clients. foreigner may own a piece of land via hereditary rights ;D

hello everyone,I am a filipina married to a belgian,,

My husband bought a house and lot for me and it is on my name.. I am so honor to have that trust that he has given me..and to be honest,,even if the title is in my name ,I didnt claim it as my own but I respect that it was my husband who bought it... after I lived in that house I realized house is not complete if youre alone.. it will only be meaningful for me if my husband and I could together live there with a happy atmosphere...my husband is older 20 years than me,,but what I have promised the day that we got married... I will take care of my husband, love him and stay with him through thick and thin.. at this time, we are still facing the battle for the processing of the papers in the embassy.. I was denied  and will try to apply again the second time.. it is not easy to be far from the one you love.. but as the saying goes, NO DISTANCE IN LOVE"....

I hope you everyone there could also think that it is not about the wealth or power to choose somebody to marry.. it is should be ;LOVE that move you to marry in order to preserve marriage and avoid divorce.. and in choosing a foreigner to become a husband or wife,, it takes a lifetime to adjust and a lot of patience in order for the marriage will work forever...

guluck everyone and may God bless each one of us!!

in theory its fine but the large extended families put financial pressure on the couple with foreigner husband and its difficult to say no.
We sold our beach house to a French guy with Filipino G/f and her 2 little girls from Pampanga, they were" escaping" from the family area because of the stress. The g/fs mother wasn't happy with the new roof guttering she wanted stainless steel, the brother was given a tricycle to earn a living with but insisted that it be in his name and became noisy and violent when denied.
The foreigner should do his home work on where to settle and discover his financial responsibility before making his home in the Philippines.

Families do not like to advertise their land for sale because its a sign to the neighbors that they are in financial trouble, strange but its the way i was explained. Very often you hear about lots for sale by word of mouth. Prices vary according to the area, LOCATION LOCATION springs to mind. We paid 5 thou a sq mt because its a subdivision near the city but outside the city you can pay around  3 thou.

I was so surprised with the price of the land that was mentioned above... in our place the land is just 1500-1800 sqm if its 5 klm away from the city,,but if its within the city then youll know it will make a difference..but in my own opinion it is nicer to live away from the city ,,then you can have a privacy and live with quiet atmosphere.

There again in theory but we found in practice being "isolated" in privacy makes for a boring way of life unless you have a daily business or keen hobby to keep you busy.
We lived in Leisure Farms Batangas for a couple of years, a delightful place with beautiful club house and well kept landscapes, all the lots were over 1000 sq mts and being farm lots we were only allowed to build on 20% supposedly to grow carrots or other vegetables on the remainder. The homes were large and several by wealthy Filipinos from Manila who came at the weekend in the summer to escape the city heat.
Although we are a social and friendly couple we found it difficult to mix with other home owners who would wave and smile but DRIVE PAST, Our other friends we made necessitated an hours drive away and the good supermarket were about half an hour away.
We found a buyer for the house and now live in San Pablo near the city and much happier with life all round us.
........jfi, most if not all  foreigners choose partners from the available lower working classes of the Philippines as such and will determine the class of Filipino friends you make, other foreigner couples no problem. Its surprising how strict the class distinction is adhered to and your well paid neighbor in a similar high quality home will avoid making close friendship to you because of your wife's status who will be similar to his working staff.

greenetravel wrote:

if getting married -shouldnt need to think of divorce

:dumbom::dumbom::dumbom:

Now there is a really impressive statement if I ever heard one. In today's world where half of all marriages fail, how can one NOT go into marriage without thinking about those odds and what they would do should their marriage fail?

This is much more crucial in a country that does not permit divorce and where annulments are almost impossible to obtain. Certainly the logic of the statement made by greenetravel escapes me completely.

Obviously nobody enters a marriage expecting it to go south, or they wouldn't marry in the first place. However, we live in the REAL world, and in the REAL world these things happen with alarming regularity. You don't do many things in life without first exploring all of the "what ifs" and making a contingency plan. Why would you think that marriage should be any different?

Perhaps we should send out greenetravel's quote to the thousands of Phillipine citizens all around the world who are posting to various forms their questions about how to resolve their inability to re-marry in other countries because they can't obtain divorces or annulments back in the Phillipines... I'm sure it will be of great consolation to them all.

Cheers,
James           Expat-blog Experts Team

filipina(s) are not a commodity that you will just simply ask it online. you better work it out somewhere and should end up in church wedding.